Starting Your Own Fashion Label 1 - Dubai
Have you decided you are ready to start your own fashion business? So what are your next steps? This dynamic course is delivered by the consultant and business owner Toby Meadows, who developed the course to support fashion entrepreneurs in their journey to becoming fashion business owners...
Taught by: Toby Meadows.
Have you decided you are ready to start your own fashion business? So what are your next steps? This dynamic course is delivered by the consultant and business owner Toby Meadows, who developed the course to support fashion entrepreneurs in their journey to becoming fashion business owners. This essential course will answer all your questions and give you a clear idea of what you need to be thinking about, and the preparation and planning involved in making your business successful.
The course will include:
- Advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss
- Business structure
- Methods of starting your own operation
- Practical aspects of running a fashion business
- The structure of your business plan
- Your product and image development
- Understanding the fashion year plan
- The process of designing and sampling a collection through to production
- Sourcing fabrics
- Working with manufacturers
- Costings and pricing
- Understanding profit and loss and cash flow for a fashion business
- Methods of selling your collection to stores e.g. trade exhibitions
- Marketing and promotion
You will also receive a copy of Toby Meadows' book once on the course.
Beginners/Intermediate (Please come to the course prepared to discuss your business idea)
You will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
£895 (AED 4320* *based on current exchange rate)
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have a better understanding of what I need to know and what I need to figure out now." Moira, Dubai
"Toby is excellent, with real world and current examples of fashion making it relevant for students from Middle East and Africa." Zainab, Dubai
"Tutor was very patient with us, makes sure everyone understands and is very friendly and approachable." Aisha Abuja, Nigeria
"Starting your own fashion label Brilliant! Definitely value for money, very honest and insightful." Charmaine, Dubai
"Toby’s lectures were animated with lots of stories and experiences." Ruba, Jeddah
"Excellent course, well presented and at a good pace. The content was really useful and complimented a lot of my research. It also went a lot further by teaching me the good aspects/pitfalls for a start-up that I hadn't even considered yet. Definitely recommend." Alex, UK
"Loved the course content and Toby is a great teacher full of loads of info, really life scenarios etc. I felt I could relate to all the course content and learnt alot." Verity, New Zealand
“What truly set this course apart is Toby's fresh, open and honest insights as well as the personal and transparent stories” Rory, London
“Very good - I thought linking it to each person's small business was excellent” Amal, Dubai
“Toby is so articulate and engaging” Clemmie, Doha
Dates, fees & booking:
- Click 'Add to Basket' and enter your details to register as a new user.
- If you have previously registered with us, please enter your log in details
- If you have a discount code, please enter it at 'Click here to add a discount/voucher code'
- If you do not have a discount code, click 'Next' and click 'Add to shopping basket' and then either select 'Continue Shopping' to add more courses or 'Checkout' to pay
- Enter your Credit or Debit card details
- Once your booking has been completed you'll receive an email confirming your place on the course
- Please note, course fees are for tuition only. Students are responsible for arranging their own flights to and accommodation in Dubai during their studies.
Visa & immigration:
Please ensure you obtain the correct visa if required for entry into the UAE. If we send you an email telling you to present your passport to us,please ignore this email as it does not apply to you. If you require assistance with your booking or have any questions please email our Customer Service Team for further information.
Toby Meadows is the international best selling author of ‘How to Set up & Run a Fashion Label’ currently translated into 9 different languages. He is the founder and Director of TNM Consultancy Ltd, a collective of fashion professionals providing creative and business services to the fashion industry, as well as a Director of the award winning London based cult womenswear designer label Belle & Bunty. For the past 15 years he has been a Visiting Lecturer at the London College of Fashion, invited to host conferences on developing a fashion label as well as writing and delivering short courses for professional development within the fashion industry both in the UK and abroad.
As well as consulting to hundreds of small to medium size fashion enterprises Toby has worked with some of the worlds largest and most recognisable fashion businesses from high street giants, Gap, Zara, Topshop to high-end designer retailers: Harrods, Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Christian Dior, Alexander McQueen and Vivienne Westwood to name merely a few. He has recently been advising the Mayor of London's office with their plans for the development of an East London Fashion Cluster and currently sits on the Advisory Panel for the Centre for Fashion Enterprises in London as well as developing business support incubator programmes around the world working with the next generation of highly talented emerging designer to develop an infrastructure for their business and increase their chances of longevity.
Please bring the following materials with you on the first day:
- Paper and pen
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.