Principles of Fashion Styling 1 - Dubai
Do you feel you've got a flare for fashion? Do you have an idea of what looks 'good'? Then why not add to those skills with the in depth theory from a professional image consultant? This intense course will take you through everything you need to consider when you are advising others on how to dress well...
Taught by: Polly Holman.
Do you feel you've got a flare for fashion? Do you have an idea of what looks 'good'? Then why not add to those skills with the in depth theory from a professional image consultant? This intense course will take you through everything you need to consider when you are advising others on how to dress well.
You will learn all about colours, skin tones, body shapes and clothing types so you can confidently select, buy or even design womenswear for your clients. (The techniques learnt can also be applied to developing your own style).
The course includes:
- How to choose cut and fabric
- How to choose and combine colours
- How to identify figure shapes
- Styling tricks How to create current looks
- Personalising looks with accessories
- Working with clients
Beginners. This course is suitable for anyone with an interest in the subject, and for personal stylists, personal shoppers, fashion buyers and fashion designers who wish to understand what clothes suit which women, and why.
You will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
£1195 (AED 5900* *based on current exchange rate)
"The course was just amazing in terms of content and presentation. Polly is just an encyclopaedia - the wikipedia of fashion! She is simply inspiring."
Taline, Abu Dhabi
"Polly was amazing, friendly, extremely knowledgeable, motivating and funny. Course is very well put together. " Dariga, Dubai
"The course by far exceeded my expectation. I learnt so much and was an eye opening experience. The knowledge we gained transformed how I look and judge things. Polly was so nice & very informative about styling, she passed it on to us so opening which was greatly appreciated." Layla, Jeddah
“Polly is an amazing, super intelligent and kind person with charisma! I could not have imagined a better tutor for this course. I am going to come back for other courses.” Natasha, Abu Dhabi
“Amazing quality and very informative and fun!” Caroline, Paris
Dates, fees & booking:
- Click 'Add to Basket' and enter your details to register as a new user.
- If you have previously registered with us, please enter your log in details
- If you have a discount code, please enter it at 'Click here to add a discount/voucher code'
- If you do not have a discount code, click 'Next' and click 'Add to shopping basket' and then either select 'Continue Shopping' to add more courses or 'Checkout' to pay
- Enter your Credit or Debit card details
- Once your booking has been completed you'll receive an email confirming your place on the course
- Please note, course fees are for tuition only. Students are responsible for arranging their own flights to and accommodation in Dubai during their studies.
Visa & immigration:
Please ensure you obtain the correct visa if required for entry into the UAE. If we send you an email telling you to present your passport to us, please ignore this email as it does not apply to you. If you require assistance with your booking or have any questions please email our Customer Service Team for further information.
Polly Holman has been a practicing image consultant for over 25 years and has lectured in personal fashion styling at London College of Fashion for over 10 years. A regular source for image and style for the media, her courses have global appeal, attracting students from China to Brazil. In addition, she's the managing director of an image consultancy specialising in professional presentation and communication skills. Her vast experience of the image industry has enabled her to deliver training programmes worldwide to assist people to achieve a greater level of personal success and confidence. She is a Fellow, Life member and past President of the Federation of Image Consultants. She is the co-author of the professional qualification for the Image Profession and author and manager of their Quality Assurance system.
Please bring the following materials with you on the first day:
- Notebook & pen