Bag Design - Dubai
Accessories continue to be one of the fastest growing areas of fashion, with bags leading the way. If you are thinking about creating your own bag collection, then this course is for you. We'll show you what's involved in creatively and practically producing a range of bags (with coordinating purses or wallets)...
Taught by: Ann Saunders.
Accessories continue to be one of the fastest growing areas of fashion, with bags leading the way. If you are thinking about creating your own bag collection, then this course is for you.
We'll show you what's involved in creatively and practically producing a range of bags (with coordinating purses or wallets).
You will start with researching, and understanding the market, before exploring fabric selection, current trends in surface decoration, range building and where to manufacture your collection.
You will spend time designing a coordinated range of bags, with the guidance of the tutor. This is a design course, and does not involve bag making although if time permits you will be able to make a card mock-up of one of your designs.
The course includes:
- Trend research
- Preparing design/mood boards
- Developing design ideas
- Creating customer profiles
- Communicating your designs to manufacturers
- Range planning
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
You will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
£995 (AED 4850* *based on current exchange rate)
"The course was perfect for me, and tutor was able to pass across information within a short time. I am so glad I made the effort to travel to UAE for the course." Oluwunmi, Lagos.
"Ann is an amazing, lovely and charming tutor. She's very encouraging." Raghda, Sharjah.
"Ann is very knowledgeable, friendly and hands-on with the students. She's cheerful and knows how to excite us and get our attention with her stories and experience." Marwa. Dubai.
"I have feeling more confident in my new knowledge and inspired by Ann." Cathleen, Dubai
"Ann has been the perfect tutor for this course...her knowledge is extraordinary" Swathi, Dubai
"I wanted to let you know that taking part in your course inspired me to go ahead and follow my desire to start this business, despite pressures at home, and create beautiful British made bags using as many raw materials as possible from the UK. It is sometimes slow and always expensive but I am enjoying every minute of it thus far". Catherine, Dubai/London
Dates, fees & booking:
- Click 'Add to Basket' and enter your details to register as a new user.
- If you have previously registered with us, please enter your log in details
- If you have a discount code, please enter it at 'Click here to add a discount/voucher code'
- If you do not have a discount code, click 'Next' and click 'Add to shopping basket' and then either select 'Continue Shopping' to add more courses or 'Checkout' to pay
- Enter your Credit or Debit card details
- Once your booking has been completed you'll receive an email confirming your place on the course
- Please note, course fees are for tuition only. Students are responsible for arranging their own flights to and accommodation in Dubai during their studies.
Visa & immigration:
Please ensure you obtain the correct visa if required for entry into the UAE. If we send you an email telling you to present your passport to us,please ignore this email as it does not apply to you. If you require assistance with your booking or have any questions please email our Customer Service Team for further information.
Ann Saunders is an accessories designer specialising in handbags; advising on trends in colour, shape, materials and finishes. She works with entrepreneurs, designers and manufactures creating product ranges. Ann trained in fashion and textile design. As a student, she was interested in printed design, colour and textures. She now runs her own accessories company and works extensively with product sourcing in Europe and China. She is a visiting lecturer at London College of Fashion teaching in both London, Dubai and Italy and has worked as a stylist and consultant on a number of television programmes. Ann Saunders' websites: Ann Saunders & Alice Foxx.
Please bring the following materials with you on the first day:
- Magazines – Images/ photos of bags or anything that inspires you
- Fabric swatches
- USB stick
- A4/A3 sketchbook
- Pens & pencils
- Glue stick, scalpel & blades