Footwear Design - Dubai
This course will introduce you to the art of designing shoes and footwear. Through a project brief you will learn about research, customer profiling drawing and presentation. You will develop ideas through a combination of lectures and workshops which focus on the development of story boards, range building, decoding trends and predictions...
Taught by: Fiona Campbell.
The course will include:
- Understanding footwear terminology
- Research and customer profiling
- Presentation of story boards
- Decoding trends and predictions
- Drawing and developing your design ideas
- Range building
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
All students who fully participate in all session of the course will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
£995 (AED 5112* *based on current exchange rate)
For dates, fees and to book view the 'Details for Booking' section below. You must pay in full using your Card before your place is booked.
- Click 'Add to Basket' and enter your details to register as a new user.
- If you have previously registered with us, please enter your log in details.
- If you have a discount code, please enter it at 'Click here to add a discount/voucher code',
- If you do not have a discount code, click 'Next' and click 'Add to shopping basket' and then either select 'Continue Shopping' to add more courses or 'Checkout' to pay
- Enter your Credit or Debit card details.
- Once your booking has been completed you'll receive an email confirming your place on the course.
- Please note, course fees are for tuition only. Students are responsible for arranging their own flights to and accommodation in Dubai during their studies.
Please ensure you obtain the correct visa if required for entry into the UAE. If we send you an email telling you to present your passport to us, please ignore this email as it does not apply to you. If you require assistance with your booking or have any questions please email our Customer Service Team for further information.
Fiona Campbell is a footwear design alumni of Cordwainers College, now part of the London College of Fashion. She commenced her career with a west end fashion company supplying retailers such as Miss Selfridge and Topshop, before setting up her own footwear label and retail outlet which focused on fast moving youth fashion. She completed an MA in 2008 and researched sustainable materials for footwear and accessories, gaining a Leathersellers’ Guild Award for her shoe collection. She also lectures at the V&A Museum on aspects of shoe history and culture. Past topics have included; ‘The Development of Couture Shoe Designers 1900-1970’. To accompany the shoe exhibition Pleasure and Pain, she delivered a series of talks on ‘A Short History of Shoes’. Her forthcoming V&A lecture discusses London Bespoke, an area within which she continues to practice, combined with Consultancy and teaching in London, Dubai and Singapore.
Please bring the following materials with you on the first day:
- A3 layout pad
- Pencils, eraser, fine black fibre tip pens
- Thick black marker (size 1), and light grey or beige tombow (or similar) brush marker
- USB stick and a small portable sketchbook, no larger than A5 for research gathering
You also need to bring your favourite shoe to the first class as well as some coloured prints (from the internet or magazines) of a subject that interests you to use as a theme for your design inspiration.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.