Fashion Merchandising and Planning - Dubai
The merchandiser or planner within a fashion retailer, is responsible for getting products in the right store, at the right time and in the right quantities. This requires working closely with the buying teams, so they can accurately forecast sales, manage budgets, plan stock levels and monitor performance...
Taught by: James Clark.
The merchandiser or planner within a fashion retailer, is responsible for getting products in the right store, at the right time and in the right quantities. This requires working closely with the buying teams, so they can accurately forecast sales, manage budgets, plan stock levels and monitor performance.
This course is an ideal follow on from our ‘Fashion Buying’ and will give you the tools you need to follow the merchandising pathway in your career. It will also be suitable for those who have already started in the role, but want to understand best practice.
The course will include:
- The role of the 'Merchandiser'
- Preparation pre-planning
- SWOT preparation
- Research Methods
- Identifying demand
- Creating Budgets
- Applying Budgets
- Sales analysis
- Planning, stock control and stock turn
- Detailed Profitability
- Allocating and Stock Replenishment
- Profit and margin control
- Supply chain and distribution
Intermediate. This course is an ideal follow on from our ‘Fashion Buying.’
You will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
“James was great... He was flexible and adaptable, keen to ensure everyone got the full potential of the course, he understood the participants well and worked individually with each delegate, he was a star” Retail Learning & Development Consultant, Group Learning & Development, Al-Futtaim
Dates, fees & booking:
- Click 'Add to Basket' and enter your details to register as a new user.
- If you have previously registered with us, please enter your log in details
- If you have a discount code, please enter it at 'Click here to add a discount/voucher code'
- If you do not have a discount code, click 'Next' and click 'Add to shopping basket' and then either select 'Continue Shopping' to add more courses or 'Checkout' to pay
- Enter your Credit or Debit card details
- Once your booking has been completed you'll receive an email confirming your place on the course
- Please note, course fees are for tuition only. Students are responsible for arranging their own flights to and accommodation in Dubai during their studies.
Visa & immigration:
Please ensure you obtain the correct visa if required for entry into the UAE. If we send you an email telling you to present your passport to us,please ignore this email as it does not apply to you. If you require assistance with your booking or have any questions please email our Customer Service Team for further information.
James Clark is a merchandising specialist with over 25 years of experience in the fashion industry. James began his merchandising career at Debenhams. He moved from there to Viyella and then to House of Fraser where he was Head of Merchandising for 7 years. In that period he was responsible for an OTB budget of £250m and headed up the womenswear, childrenswear and beauty merchandising functions. His consultancy work has involved creating and developing effective merchandising functions and product supply chain practices for small retail businesses. James is now Senior Lecturer on the BA (Hons) Fashion Management programme at London College of Fashion, where he brings his wealth of knowledge to the 120 students who graduate from this highly respected programme each year to take up positions in fashion companies around the world. Since joining LCF James has delivered guest lectures in China, Korea, Russia and India, and he published his first book – Fashion Merchandising - Principles and Practice.
Please bring the following materials with you on the first day:
- Notebook & pen
- Pocket calculator
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.