Fashion Drawing - Dubai
This practical course will help you explore drawing styles and techniques used in the fashion industry today. You will study different methods of illustration and learn conventional and new media techniques. We'll show you how to express your designs and ideas figuratively, and get your ideas down, to start building up your confidence with pencil and paper! Through a series of innovative exercises you'll learn how to draw a fashion figure, sketch garments, and seamlessly combine figures with clothing...
Taught by: Ana Stankovic-Fitzgerald.
This practical course will help you explore drawing styles and techniques used in the fashion industry today. You will study different methods of illustration and learn conventional and new media techniques. We'll show you how to express your designs and ideas figuratively, and get your ideas down, to start building up your confidence with pencil and paper! Through a series of innovative exercises you'll learn how to draw a fashion figure, sketch garments, and seamlessly combine figures with clothing. You will also learn how to illustrate your designs and begin a portfolio of illustrations. You will learn how to create illustrations using a variety of mediums, including watercolours, markers, pastels, acrylic, gouache, coloured pencils and ink. The idea is to find your own visual language and unlock your creativity through experimentation, from concept to completion.
By the end of the course you will be able to communicate your ideas more freely and effectively and have a collection of illustrations for your portfolio. This course is suitable for complete beginners. You should have an interest in fashion and illustration and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
The course includes:
- Drawing a fashion figure
- Gesture, movement and pose
- Drawing hands, faces and feet
- Fashion silhouettes, cut and style of different garments
- Drawing drapery and volume
- Sketching for fashion
- Creating a fashion illustration
- Developing your visual vocabulary
- Exploring different media and techniques
- Interpreting concepts and ideas
- Importance of keeping a sketchbook
- Developing a personal illustrating style
- Beginning a portfolio of design and illustrative work
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
£995 (AED 4555* *based on current exchange rate)
All students who fully participate in all session of the course will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
"Ana was an absolutely phenomenal tutor. She gave me good, strong constructive feedback, while still managing to be encouraging. I feel much more confident in my abilities now and feel inspired and motivated to continue improving." Amal, Dubai
"Ana gave helpful practical examples and tips and directed us to sources that would help us in the future. She was also able to monitor everyone's individual level even though the class had a mix of different levels" Sophia, Pakistan
Dates, fees & booking:
- Click 'Add to Basket' and enter your details to register as a new user.
- If you have previously registered with us, please enter your log in details
- If you have a discount code, please enter it at 'Click here to add a discount/voucher code'
- If you do not have a discount code, click 'Next' and click 'Add to shopping basket' and then either select 'Continue Shopping' to add more courses or 'Checkout' to pay
- Enter your Credit or Debit card details
- Once your booking has been completed you'll receive an email confirming your place on the course
- Please note, course fees are for tuition only. Students are responsible for arranging their own flights to and accommodation in Dubai during their studies.
Visa & immigration:
Please ensure you obtain the correct visa if required for entry into the UAE. If we send you an email telling you to present your passport to us,please ignore this email as it does not apply to you. If you require assistance with your booking or have any questions please email our Customer Service Team for further information.
Ana Stankovic-Fitzgerald has been teaching on a variety of drawing courses at LCF since 2003. She studied drawing, painting, print-making and sculpture in the Faculty of Fine Art at the University of Visual & Performing Arts in Belgrade, specialising in painting. She is a practicing illustrator and member of the Association of Illustrators and has had freelance commissions published online, in magazines, books, as advertisements and in corporate literature. She is passionate about the craft of drawing and she has a vast knowledge and expertise in utilising & experimenting with various media including charcoal, ink, watercolours, collage, markers, pastels, acrylics, oils & Photoshop. Over the years, Ana has devised and delivered Fashion Drawing workshops for various institutions, including Design Museum Drawing Fashion Exhibition, Fashion Space Gallery, Topolsky Century Gallery, Futureversity and numerous charities.
Please bring the following materials with you on the first day:
- A3 Layout Pad (see-through layout paper)
- A3 Marker Pad (bleed-proof marker paper)
- A3 portfolio with clear sleeves
- Set of soft pencils B2 - B8
- Graphite Stick
- Set of skin tone double sided art markers (possible marker brands: Letraset Promarker, Tria or Flex marker, Copic markers, Prismacolor, Magic marker etc.)
- Set of grey tone double sided art markers
- Set of watercolour pencils
- Transparent blender marker
- Various pens and pencils, including white gel pens, white colour pencils and black fine liners
Materials can be purchased from Kinokuniya Shop in Dubai Mall.