Fashion Design - Dubai
This inspirational and practical course will immerse you in the world of the fashion designer. Starting with research you will develop your ideas and learn the process that the fashion designer goes through to create their collections, guided by Richard Sorger, a London-based fashion designer...
Taught by: Richard Sorger.
This inspirational and practical course will immerse you in the world of the fashion designer. Starting with research you will develop your ideas and learn the process that the fashion designer goes through to create their collections, guided by Richard Sorger, a London-based fashion designer.
Through a combination of lectures and experimental workshops, you'll start to really get under the skin of the fashion design process in a supportive environment.
Learning as a collaborative group you will have the chance to really explore your creativity together. Some research into clothes and themes, and some reading will be required before the course begins (a basic brief will be sent out prior to the course's start outlining what to research into).
The course includes:
- An introduction to primary and secondary design research
- Creating mood boards/research sheets and colour selection
- Experimental design analysis
- Refining design ideas for your chosen market
- An introduction to fabric awareness
- Basic figure-drawing techniques
- Exploring different art media
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
All students who fully participate in all session of the course will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
£995 (AED 4900* *based on current exchange rate)
"The teaching method was very experimental and the tutor's attitude is humanistic which truly enriched the learning process." Nouf, Jeddah
"It taught me a lot in just 4 days." Naiha, Pakistan
"The course was really well structured and ran at a good pace. It was challenging but not terrifying! Richard is very encouraging." Lisa, UK
“Good mix of activities and great expertise with the ability to transmit the knowledge to the group”.
"Richard Sorger is an outstanding tutor. He made the whole process look easy." Juliet, Dubai
Dates, fees & booking:
- Click 'Add to Basket' and enter your details to register as a new user.
- If you have previously registered with us, please enter your log in details
- If you have a discount code, please enter it at 'Click here to add a discount/voucher code'
- If you do not have a discount code, click 'Next' and click 'Add to shopping basket' and then either select 'Continue Shopping' to add more courses or 'Checkout' to pay
- Enter your Credit or Debit card details
- Once your booking has been completed you'll receive an email confirming your place on the course
- Please note, course fees are for tuition only. Students are responsible for arranging their own flights to and accommodation in Dubai during their studies.
Visa & immigration:
Please ensure you obtain the correct visa if required for entry into the UAE. If we send you an email telling you to present your passport to us,please ignore this email as it does not apply to you. If you require assistance with your booking or have any questions please email our Customer Service Team for further information.
Richard Sorger is a London-based fashion designer who founded his eponymous label in 2006. The label sold globally and celebrity clients included Courtney Love, Jennifer Lopez, Cindy Crawford, Kate Beckinsale, Florence Welch and Heidi Klum. In 2009 he launched his second line, RJS by Richard Sorger, with clients including Kelis, Sienna Miller, and Jessie J. In 2011 Richard decided to concentrate on freelance design consultancy and teaching.Richard has been commissioned to produce work by Swarovski, the Victoria and Albert Museum and Andaz Hotel. The Victoria and Albert Museum also acquired a dress for its permanent fashion collection. He has collaborated with Meadham Kirchhoff, Manolo Blahnik (for Meadham Kirchhoff) and ASOS. He teaches various short courses for London College of Fashion and on the LCF MA Fashion Design Technology Womenswear course. He is the co-author of ‘The Fundamentals of Fashion’ (AVA Books, 2006, second edition Bloomsbury 2012) that has been translated into six languages and has sold over 16,000 copies.
Please bring the following materials with you on the first day:
- A laptop
- Paper scissors
- A3 layout pad
- Pencils & fine black fibre tip pen
- Glue stick and magic marker or brush pen in your choice of skin tone
Materials can be purchased from Kinokuniya Shop in Dubai Mall.