Fashion Design: 3D - Dubai
This course is compliments 'Fashion Design 1' or benefits you if you've some design experience and wish to improve your skills, led by Richard Sorger. The course will help you develop your understanding of the principles of fashion design, with an emphasis on three-dimensional experimentation...
Taught by: Richard Sorger.
This course is compliments 'Fashion Design 1' or benefits you if you've some design experience and wish to improve your skills, led by Richard Sorger. The course will help you develop your understanding of the principles of fashion design, with an emphasis on three-dimensional experimentation. You'll work with fabric directly onto dress mannequins and your experimental ideas will then be developed onto paper. This course will help you consolidate your understanding of clothes and fashion design.
The course includes:
- Draping on the mannequins using fabric exploring several techniques
- Fabric manipulation
- Experimental design analysis
- Refining design ideas for your chosen market
- Exploring different art media
- Colour and fabric selection
- Creating design sheets, research sheets and mood boards
- Range planning
Some research into clothes and themes, and some reading will be required before the course begins (a basic brief will be sent out prior to the courses start date).
All students who fully participate in all session of the course will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
£795 (AED 3900* *based on current exchange rate)
"Richard Sorger is very inspirational, I enjoyed every second of the class. He is a ‘Fashion legend!’ Arwa, Dubai,
For dates, fees and to book view the 'Details for Booking' section below. You must pay in full using your Card before your place is booked.
- Click 'Add to Basket' and enter your details to register as a new user.
- If you have previously registered with us, please enter your log in details.
- If you have a discount code, please enter it at 'Click here to add a discount/voucher code',
- If you do not have a discount code, click 'Next' and click 'Add to shopping basket' and then either select 'Continue Shopping' to add more courses or 'Checkout' to pay
- Enter your Credit or Debit card details.
Please ensure you obtain the correct visa if required for entry intothe UAE. If we send you an email telling you to present your passport tous, please ignore this email as it does not apply to you. If you require assistance with your booking or have any questions please email our Customer Service Team for further information.
Richard Sorger is a London-based fashion designer who founded his eponymous label in 2006. The label sold globally and celebrity clients included Courtney Love, Jennifer Lopez, Cindy Crawford, Kate Beckinsale, Florence Welch and Heidi Klum. In 2009 he launched his second line, RJS by Richard Sorger, with clients including Kelis, Sienna Miller, and Jessie J. In 2011 Richard decided to concentrate on freelance design consultancy and teaching.Richard has been commissioned to produce work by Swarovski, the Victoria and Albert Museum and Andaz Hotel. The Victoria and Albert Museum also acquired a dress for its permanent fashion collection. He has collaborated with Meadham Kirchhoff, Manolo Blahnik (for Meadham Kirchhoff) and ASOS. He teaches various short courses for London College of Fashion and on the LCF MA Fashion Design Technology Womenswear course. He is the co-author of ‘The Fundamentals of Fashion’ (AVA Books, 2006, second edition Bloomsbury 2012) that has been translated into six languages and has sold over 16,000 copies.
Please bring the following materials with you on the first day:
- A laptop
- Paper scissors
- A3 layout pad
- Pencils & fine black fibre tip pens
- Glue stick & magic marker or brush pen in your choice of skin tone
- Pins, fabric scissors & a selection of fabrics for draping on mannequin
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.