Luxury Brand Management & Product Design
This intensive course comprises an in-depth study of the luxury world, including ready-to-wear, haute couture, accessories and licensed products. As well as studying the design of these collections you will also explore the communication management aspects...
Taught by: Dr Pascal Portanier.
This intensive course comprises an in-depth study of the luxury world, including ready-to-wear, haute couture, accessories and licensed products. As well as studying the design of these collections you will also explore the communication management aspects. Through the analysis of contemporary fashion companies, you will be introduced to the latest theories and their practical applications in luxury brand management.
The course has been designed and is taught by Dr Pascal Portanier, PhD in luxury brand management, a worldwide expert in the field.
Pascal has an extensive academic background combined with 20 years experience' in marketing and design for luxury brands, such as Lagerfeld, Rodier, Rosenthal, Lancôme, L'Oréal, Clarins, Biotherm, Guinot and Dior.
The course includes:
- Luxury brand analysis and marketing strategies
- Luxury product development and design process
- Trend forecasting (colours/trend books) and creative researches
- Product semiotic analysis (signs and symbols decoding)
- Packaging and luxury display strategies
- Luxury windows and fashion exhibition shows
- Production techniques, cost study and selling price
- Consumer analysis theories
- Luxury communication strategies, budgets and theories
- Advertisement analysis and decoding
- Web site analysis and evaluation
- Case studies of fashion brands including: Zadig & Voltaire, Viktor & Rolf, Christian Louboutin, Shangai Tang
You will undertake a group project for a luxury brand, including the design of a new product and the relevant marketing strategy.
Intermediate - Suitable for students who are involved in design, marketing, product or project management, communication, visual merchandising, and also entrepreneurs.
You will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
Vida Hotel:Our short courses are held at the Vida Hotel, Downtown Dubai.
“I have learnt a lot regarding luxury and design in a short period of time”. Amal, Abu Dhabi
“Pascal worked us hard, but I loved it!” Tom, Abu Dhabi
“It was great to spend some time with like minded people and get their feedback on my business idea” Ramzy, Dubai
"Pascal is a truly inspiring lecturer!" Jaden, Portland
Dates, fees & booking:
- Click 'Add to Basket' and enter your details to register as a new user.
- If you have previously registered with us, please enter your log in details
- If you have a discount code, please enter it at 'Click here to add a discount/voucher code'
- If you do not have a discount code, click 'Next' and click 'Add to shopping basket' and then either select 'Continue Shopping' to add more courses or 'Checkout' to pay
- Enter your Credit or Debit card details
- Once your booking has been completed you'll receive an email confirming your place on the course
Visa & immigration:
Pleaseensure you obtain the correct visa if required for entry into the UAE. If we send you an email telling you to present your passport to us,please ignore this email as it does not apply to you. If you requireassistance with your booking or have any questions please email our Customer Service Team for further information.
Dr Pascal Portanier, PhD in Luxury Brand Management, has worked for 20 years as designer or project manager for luxury brands such as Lagerfeld, Lancôme, L'Oréal, Clarins, Biotherm, Rosenthal, Guinot and Rodier. Formerly a senior manager at the consultants Accenture, since 2004 Pascal has given conferences and seminars on luxury brand management in Monaco, Beijing, Dubai, Moscow, Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo. In addition, he regularly provides consultancy to high-end companies based in Kuwait, England, America, Portugal, and China on their branding and design strategies.
Please bring the following materials with you on the first day:
- A laptop computer