Luxury Brand Management & Product Design
This intensive course comprises an in-depth study of the luxury world, including ready-to-wear, haute couture, accessories and licensed products. As well as studying the design of these collections you will also explore the communication management aspects. Through the analysis of contemporary...
Taught by: Dr Pascal Portanier.
This intensive course comprises an in-depth study of the luxury world, including ready-to-wear, haute couture, accessories and licensed products. As well as studying the design of these collections you will also explore the communication management aspects. Through the analysis of contemporary fashion companies, you will be introduced to the latest theories and their practical applications in luxury brand management.
The course has been designed and is taught by Dr Pascal Portanier, PhD in Luxury Brand Management, a worldwide expert in the field.
Pascal has an extensive academic background combined with 20 years experience in marketing and design for luxury brands, such as Lagerfeld, Rodier, Rosenthal, Lancôme, L'Oréal, Clarins, Biotherm, Guinot and Dior.
The course includes:
- Luxury brand analysis and marketing strategies
- Luxury product development and design process
- Trend forecasting (colours/trend books) and creative researches
- Product semiotic analysis (signs and symbols decoding)
- Packaging and luxury display strategies
- Luxury windows and fashion exhibition shows
- Production techniques, cost study and selling price
- Consumer analysis theories
- Luxury communication strategies, budgets and theories
- Advertisement analysis and decoding
- Web site analysis and evaluation
- Case studies of fashion brands including: Zadig & Voltaire, Viktor & Rolf, Christian Louboutin, Shangai Tang
You will undertake a group project for a luxury brand, including the design of a new product and the relevant marketing strategy.
Level:Intermediate - Suitable for people who are involved in design, marketing, product or project management, communication, visual merchandising, and also entrepreneurs.
Certificate:All students who fully participate in all session of the course will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
“I have learnt a lot regarding luxury and design in a short period of time”.
“Pascal worked us hard, but I loved it!”
“It was great to spend some time with like minded people and get their feedback on my business idea”
For dates, fees and to book view the 'Details for Booking' section below. You must pay in full using your Card before your place is booked.
- Click 'Add to Basket' and enter your details to register as a new user.
- If you have previously registered with us, please enter your log in details.
- If you have a discount code, please enter it at 'Click here to add a discount/voucher code',
- If you do not have a discount code, click 'Next' and click 'Add to shopping basket' and then either select 'Continue Shopping' to add more courses or 'Checkout' to pay
- Enter your Credit or Debit card details.
When making your booking please do not tick the 'If you DO NOT hold a UK/EU/EEA passport please click here' box as this is only relevant to bookings for courses held in the UK. If you are a non-UAE national booking a course in Dubai please ensure you obtain the correct visa if required for entry into the UAE.
If you require assistance with your booking or have any questions please email our Customer Service Team for further information.
Dr Pascal Portanier, PhD in Luxury Brand Management, has worked for 20 years as designer or project manager for luxury brands such as Lagerfeld, Lancôme, L'Oréal, Clarins, Biotherm, Rosenthal, Guinot and Rodier. Formerly a senior manager at the consultants Accenture, since 2004 he has given conferences and seminars on luxury brand management in Monaco, Beijing, Dubai, Moscow, Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo.
Pen, paper and (if possible) a laptop computer
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|18/10/2014 - 22/10/2014||Saturday - Wednesday||09:30 - 16:00||5 Days||£1200||Available||Vida Hotel, Downtown Dubai||Add to Basket|