Talent Scout FAQs
- What type of vacancies and opportunities can be advertised?
- Who are the opportunities advertised to?
- How do I advertise my job opportunity or freelance position?
- When will my opportunity be sent to the graduate database?
- How much does it cost to send an opportunity to the graduates?
- Which methods of payment are available?
- Can I offer a project to a group of current students?
- Can I advertise a volunteer opportunity?
- Can I advertise other opportunities e.g. competitions, events, opportunities to sell or exhibit work?
- Can I advertise my employment opportunity to other colleges apart from CSM?
- Where can I get further information on the National Minimum Wage and employment rights?
- What are the terms and conditions?
CSM Talent Scout will advertise all genuine job or freelance opportunities that comply with UK equal opportunities, employment, health and safety and National Minimum Wage legislation. Employers must include a salary indication for any job vacancies. Freelance opportunities may be listed as negotiable. We offer a guide to current day rates however any agreement made between a company and a graduate found through the service is strictly a matter between both parties and CSM Talent Scout takes no responsibility for contractual matters.
The opportunities are mailed direct to CSM graduates from specific disciplines that have signed up to the service and are actively looking for work or freelance offers and have graduated from CSM in the last three years.
Please contact our team on +44 (0)207 514 7256 or email email@example.com
Once payment and a completed job description have been received, your opportunity will be sent to the relevant graduates within two working days.
The service is free for graduates to register but we charge an administration fee of £75 (excl. VAT) to post the opportunity.
We have an online payment system, where you can pay with a debit or credit card.
Yes, please email Hannah Sim at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7514 7084. Alternatively please visit our website.
The Student's Union advertises one-off voluntary jobs for registered charities through their SUIdeal service. To advertise with SUIdeal or for further information email email@example.com.
Can I advertise other opportunities e.g. competitions, events, opportunities to sell or exhibit work?
You may be able to publicise your opportunity through the Student Enterprise and Employability (SEE) website. Please email SEE@arts.ac.uk if you would like to do this.
Yes, the Creative Opportunities website advertises paid jobs and short work placements to students and graduates of all six Colleges of the University. Please note Creative Opportunities does not advertise volunteering jobs. To upload the details of your vacancy and for further information about this service, please visit the Information for Employers website.
For more information call the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit the HM Revenue and Customs website or the National Council for Work Experience website.
What we offer employers:
- We aim to publicise your vacancy/freelance offer within two days of receipt of payment.
- Opportunities are only sent to our database of graduates from CSM who are actively seeking work and are qualified in the relevant discipline area.
What we expect from employers:
- That you comply with UK equal opportunities, employment, health and safety and minimum wage legislation in your advertising and recruitment.
- That you provide detailed information on your opportunity. This must include salary offered for all job vacancies except freelance opportunities where the fee may be listed as negotiable.
- That you recognise your responsibility for verifying an applicant's identity, eligibility to work, experience, training and qualifications and that CSM Talent Scout accepts no responsibility for an individual student or graduate's work.
- That you take responsibility for any communication and contracts that occur between yourself and the graduate applicant and that CSM Talent Scout accepts no liability whatsoever thereafter.
- That you acknowledge that CSM Talent Scout does not make any representation, or provide warranty, as to the suitability, honesty, character or capability of any candidate regardless of whether they are a University of the Arts London student/graduate or an external candidate.
- That you comply with provisions of the Data Protection Act 1999 in relation to all applicants' details.
- That you acknowledge that CSM Talent Scout has final editorial control and reserves the right to refuse to publicise vacancies or opportunities.
- That you disclose your business if you are operating as a recruitment consultant on behalf of client companies, and in this case, be prepared to pay for our service.
- That you acknowledge that CSM Talent Scout has the right to refuse to publicise vacancies or work placements from an employer where student/graduate complaints or concerns have been received. The nature of these complaints or concerns will remain confidential to CSM Talent Scout.