Product Design For 16 to 18 Year Olds
The focus of this course is on exploring your creativity in a studio-like atmosphere and experimenting with different ways of communicating ideas trough drawing and three-dimensional form. You will get an understanding of the design process and the confidence to develop your skills further...
Taught by: Alexander Hinnerskov.
The focus of this course is on exploring your creativity in a studio-like atmosphere and experimenting with different ways of communicating ideas trough drawing and three-dimensional form. You will get an understanding of the design process and the confidence to develop your skills further. It is an ideal opportunity for a student to experiment with and explore disciplines within product design and to obtain material for portfolio applications.
- We will cover the basics of the design process including research, idea generation and design development.
- Practical skills such as drawing, sketching, model making and presentation techniques will be covered.
- Classes will be taught through a brief-driven project as well as short lecture-style talks and workshops.
- There will be group critiques and one-to-one advice.
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for young creatives who wish to improve their product design skills.
Level: Appropriate for beginners and intermediate level students.
Good drawing skills would be advantageous but not a requirement. You must be over 16 and under 19 years old in order to attend this course.
Danish designer Alexander Hinnerskov graduated in 2007 with a BA Honours in Product Design from CSM. His interdisciplinary approach has led him to work with fashion, visual merchandising, styling, interior design and product design. Having experience in all aspects of the creative process across design disciplines has meant working with brands such as Selfridges, Esquire Magazine, Swarovski, Tomasz Starzewski and Alexander McQueen.
Please bring to the first session:
- Variety of pencils (colour and graphite)
- Variety of pens (black fine liner and colours)
- A3 portrait sketchbook (paperback)
- 30cm/12in metal ruler
- Geometry Set Square ruler
- Super glue (30sec)
- Camera (phone)