Fabric Panelling for Textile Design
In this course you will be combining different fabrics to create beautiful, vibrant panelled textiles. By stitching material together using a range of techniques (pointed seams, corners and curved seams) you can create dramatic patterns and interesting textures whilst learning sewing techniques that can be applied to a range of contemporary fashion and textile work...
Taught by: Luke Rooney.
During the course you will:
• Be guided in the design process
• Learn how to piece fabric together with an awareness of mixing different fabrics and how they behave when being joined to a contrasting material
• Have experience of using an industrial sewing machine
• Learn creative pattern cutting (for textiles not clothing)
• Work on embellishing and embroidering your fabric
You will leave with a length of textiles that you have designed and sewn, and will take away a deeper understanding of creative sewing and fabric.
Who should take this course
This course is aimed at those with basic sewing skills looking to enhance their skills in textiles, embellishment and sewing.
You should have used a sewing machine before and have a basic knowledge of sewing.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
• A pencil
• Paper and fabric scissors
• A patternmaster (available from morplan/ amazon)
• Chalk pencil
• Small sharp embroidery scissors
• If you have any pieces of fabric that you would particularly like to work with please bring them with you to the first session, there will also be an opportunity to buy fabrics to work with during the course, please allow a budget of £20 to £30 for purchasing material