Fabric Design for Fashion using Heat Press
This course gives you the opportunity to experiment with varied techniques of decorating fashion and furnishing fabrics using the heat press. Students will develop design ideas onto fabrics by exploring methods such as transfer printing, screen printing, hand painting, metal foiling, flocking and dyeing with acid and disperse dyes...
Taught by: Rita Kumari.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Drawing Pencil
- Craft knife or scalpel
- Fabric and Paper Scissors
- Pritt stick adhesive
- Selection of small to medium paintbrushes
- Paint palette
- A2 Pad of Cartridge paper
- Scotch "magic" tape
- Masking tape
- Standard Dressmaking Pins
- Swatches of light coloured synthetic fabrics: Polyester is best, also nylon, elastane and acetate
- Pair of Rubber Gloves
- Overall (to protect your clothes)
- NOTE: Students will need to purchase some of their own fabrics in addition to the materials provided and this will be covered during the first session. It will be useful if you also bring a sketchbook of ideas and design references with you - (tutor can help you with this if you're not sure).