Street Photography (Online)
What are the secrets used by professional photo-journalists? How can I take great street photographs?This brand new practical course aims to introduce students worldwide to the secrets of street photography with the added benefit of exploring diverse cultures and cities whether you live in London, New York, Paris, Madrid, Hong Kong, Sydney, Dubai or anywhere else for that matter...
Taught by: Giulio Mazzarini.
What are the secrets used by professional photo-journalists? How can I take great street photographs?
This brand new practical course aims to introduce students worldwide to the secrets of street photography with the added benefit of exploring diverse cultures and cities whether you live in London, New York, Paris, Madrid, Hong Kong, Sydney, Dubai or anywhere else for that matter.
Street photo-journalism has become the most popular way to communicate trends, tendencies as well as topics of reportagistic nature. Photographers such as Martin Parr and bloggers like The Sartorialist have become very successful creating their own style, applying strategies and skills traditionally used by street photographers over the years.
Some of the subjects covered in this course include:
- How to identify and select good concepts, themes and ideas
- Planning a street photo-session
- Setting the camera correctly during street sessions
- Deciding when and how using flashes and reflectors
- Overcome fear and shyness in approaching people
- Strategies and trips to produce great street pictures
- Legal issues and documents needed when doing street photography
- How to edit street photographs
- When exhibit /show street photo-stories
Furthermore, during the course the tutor will give students professional photographic briefs set up by real lifestyle magazines.
The course will terminate with an online exhibition of all work produced.
By the end of the course students will:
- Be able to create a street photographic story - including concept, planning and editing
- Be confident about all main technical skills, strategies and techniques applied to street photography
- Be able to use their own equipment professionally
- Have a quality and consistent portfolio of work to show/exhibit
Course level: all levels welcome
Who should attend: this course is suitable for photography enthusiasts, serious hobbyists, as well as bloggers, semi-professionals and young professionals wishing to improve their street photography skills.
Giulio Mazzarini is a creative director and photographer living in London. He was born in Rome, Italy, where he graduated in Sociology. In 1998 he moved to London, where he completed a Masters in Design Studies at Central Saint Martins, University of The Arts London. After working on the creation of the trend forecasting website WGSN.com, he founded the communication studio GEM. His work has been seen in international magazines such as Vanity Fair, Marie Claire, Elle and Dazed & Confused. He has also contributed to the image development of companies and brands, such as L'Oréal, Reebok, Aston Martin, Citroen and Selfridges. He is an Associate Lecturer of the University of the Arts London, European Institute of Design (Rome) and Groupe INSEEC (Paris & London).
For further information see www.gmazzarini.com
Students should have their own camera, preferably a digital SLR with a medium zoom lens, or a good pocket camera with semi-manual settings’ options
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.