How to Start a Pop Up Shop (Online)
Online courses occur as 1.5 hour live sessions, during which time you will interact with your tutor, classmates and course content using in-built audio and video chat, instant messaging and the virtual work display area.
A pop up shop is a temporary store used by companies to build brand awareness, launch a new product, test a consumer market, location or a new retail experience. Pop up shops are a great way to determine how your product, brand or service will be perceived at relatively low cost...
Taught by: Jennifer Williams-Baffoe.
A pop up shop is a temporary store used by companies to build brand awareness, launch a new product, test a consumer market, location or a new retail experience. Pop up shops are a great way to determine how your product, brand or service will be perceived at relatively low cost. ??
This course is aimed at creative individuals who want to learn the fundamentals of setting up a pop up shop. This may be to showcase your own services or projects, or your goal may be to offer your creativity to clients and set up their pop up shops. ??You will have an interest in showcasing products and services in experimental retail environments.
You can expect to learn the following:
- Developing your pop up idea: Why you? Why now?
- Charting the way: Frameworks and tools to help you analyse new opportunities
- Review your idea:What makes your pop up shop unique?
- Generating ideas: How to generate great idea
- Validating your idea: How to make sure your idea works and how to improve it
- Viability: Understanding what a minimum viable product is and developing a value proposition through lean methodology and processes
- Turning your idea into a product: Key steps to start you on your journey towards a successful pop up business concept
- Pop up shop concepts
- Sourcing the right location
- Developing a plan historically
- Presenting a new brand
- Focus groups
- Legalities/agreements and business rates
- Promoting your pop up & Social Media
- Event management
- Managing your pop up shop
- Customer service and maintaining your consumers
- Measuring your return on investment
By the end of the course you will have a good understanding of why and how you should start a pop up shop. You will also be able to identify the key steps towards a successful pop up experience while being aware of the pitfalls and legal aspects to take in consideration. Finally, you will also be able to make informed decisions according to your budget and evaluate the findings resulting from your pop up experience.
Who should attend:
This course is suited for individuals who are at the start of a new project but aren't sure where to start, are part of a start-up who need direction or in an established business which needs to be more entrepreneurial.
Jennifer Williams-Baffoe is an international fashion and creative industry business consultant and has worked for many organisations such as The Fashion and Textiles Museum, The British Fashion Council and The British Apparel and Textile Confederation. Jennifer is a short course tutor at Central Saint Martins and The London College of Fashion and is the author of The British Fashion Councils Designer Manufacturer Handbook. Jennifer is also a consultant for the United Nations on their Ethical Fashion Initiative Project
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Paper / Notebook
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.