A broad look at the different aspects involved in illustrating a comic. Through a series of workshops we will be exploring how to breakdown and draw from a script, page layout, timing and sequences, character generation, composition and body language...
Taught by: Vincent Woodcock.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
More of Vincent's work can be viewed on his Facebook and Instagram pages.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- HB, B or 2B pencils (not mechanical pencils).
- Light blue pencils (preferably Faber-Castell "Col-Erase" light blue).
- A4 photocopy paper (one pack of 500 sheets will last the whole course).
- A pencil sharpener (preferably one that holds the shavings).
- A number 2 or 3 size sable brush (Windsor & Newton Series 7 are best).
- Dip-pen drawing nib(s) with holder.
- Black waterproof ink (Higgins "Black Magic" is suitable).
- A 12 inch t-square.
- An eraser.
- A putty/kneadable eraser.
- An assortment of pens suitable for drawing (black ink only)