Illustrating Comics and Graphic Novels
A broad look at the different aspects involved in illustrating a comic. Through a series of workshops we will be exploring how to breakdown and draw from a script, page layout, timing and sequences, character generation, composition and body language...
Taught by: Vincent Woodcock.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
More of Vincent's work can be viewed on his Facebook and Instagram pages.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- HB, B or 2B pencils (not mechanical pencils).
- Light blue pencils (preferably Faber-Castell "Col-Erase" light blue).
- A4 photocopy paper (one pack of 500 sheets will last the whole course).
- A pencil sharpener (preferably one that holds the shavings).
- A number 2 or 3 size sable brush (Windsor & Newton Series 7 are best).
- Dip-pen drawing nib(s) with holder.
- Black waterproof ink (Higgins "Black Magic" is suitable).
- A 12 inch t-square.
- An eraser.
- A putty/kneadable eraser.
- An assortment of pens suitable for drawing (black ink only)
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.