Writing Advertising Headlines and Copy (Summer Evenings)
Writing effective advertising and headlines and copy is a craft that can be learned. It all starts with a great brief and this course will set briefs that enable you to find a strong proposition that clearly relates to a product benefit...
Taught by: Francine Galea.
Writing effective advertising and headlines and copy is a craft that can be learned.
It all starts with a great brief and this course will set briefs that enable you to find a strong proposition that clearly relates to a product benefit. With those building blocks in place you will move on to creating strong concepts based on attention grabbing headlines. Once you have developed a concept, you will be taught how to write copy that flows naturally from the headline and retains the reader's interest by combining essential product information with inspiring and persuasive writing.
Reference will be made to copy for different media such as online and direct mail, across a wide range of commercial sectors. You will also come to understand importance of an end-line that encapsulates the 'big idea'. The work arising from this dynamic learning process will form the basis of an on-going discussion of the role that tone of voice, wordplay and puns play in commercial communications. At all stages of this process you will gain an understanding of how to present your ideas as they progress through the various stages of internal and external (client) approval.
Topics covered include:
- how puns and play on words aid great headlines
- appreciation of world famous copywriters and examples of their work
- teaming with an art director
- making a headline work with a visual
- presenting work to your creative director
- how to write a captivating end line/slogan
- writing persuasive body copy that sells the product
- getting a career in advertising
- putting together a great advertising portfolio
- testimonials from past students who have gained jobs in advertising agencies
Entry requirements: None
There is no specific materials list for this course. A list will be either added to this website shortly, sent to you nearer the time or discussed on the first day of the course.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.