An intensive course for those who want to spend a week developing their own painting subject matter in the dynamics of a studio environment. You will be encouraged to develop your particular subject with new ideas and injections of colour, techniques, or simple renovation of paint application...
Taught by: Roger Gill.
An intensive course for those who want to spend a week developing their own painting subject matter in the dynamics of a studio environment. You will be encouraged to develop your particular subject with new ideas and injections of colour, techniques, or simple renovation of paint application. Be it portrait, landscape, abstraction, or any other themes, all is possible on this intensive painting course.
Topics covered include:
- colour mixing and paint application
- colour management and the use of layers and composition
- technical advice on the use and effect of different grounds and supports
- personal development supported by one-to-one advice
- discussions about the work of modern and contemporary artists
For those wishing to have access to a model, there will be one available throughout the week.
Who should take this course?
- students with some previous painting experience who wish to develop their subject matter
- fine art undergraduate students wanting to enhance their painting skills
- you should have some previous basic painting experience.
- you will need to bring along samples of your work and some ideas about how you want to develop your practice during the week.
Roger Gill is an artist and tutor who works in London and who has exhibited in the UK and Europe. He teaches a number of drawing and painting courses at Central Saint Martins, including courses on life painting, oil painting techniques, portrait drawing and painting and bespoke one-to-one tuition.
To view Roger's work see rogergill.org.uk.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Sources you are working from at the moment, or would like to work from, i.e. photos, drawings, or just ideas you want to develop.
- Canvas or board (depending of what you like to work on)
- Your set of paints
- Card or boards.
Paper, charcoal and pencils will be provided as part of the course.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.