Painting and Personal Inspiration
Are you looking to build confidence and refine your painting skills? This course is designed to help you take the next step with confidence in a constructive and inspirational environment. It is suitable for those who have completed short courses or other art school training...
Taught by: Guy Noble.
Are you looking to build confidence and refine your painting skills? This course is designed to help you take the next step with confidence in a constructive and inspirational environment. It is suitable for those who have completed short courses or other art school training. Beginners are also welcome.
The course helps you to discover what it is about painting that really excites and inspires you. Maybe you are interested in the language of painting. Maybe certain subjects move you more than others. Whatever it is, this course will take you step by step through an examination of this process of discovery.
- The first part of the course provides you with a basic understanding of the language of painting looking at colour, form, space and light.
- We will see how artists have taken each aspect of the language and pushed it to extremes. How is a Fauve painting different from an impressionist painting? How is Lucian Freud different from a Francis Bacon?
- Gradually, we will explore individually motivated projects that might involve: painting directly from life, from drawings and photographs, or using note-taking, found images or objects.
- Subjects could include: life models, still life, interiors, or a view from a window, the street or the city.
- Optional out of college assignments may also be set.
The course provides an opportunity for you to practice some key painting techniques and develop your confidence and personal style as a painter.
By the end of the course you will also have explored other artists’ techniques, approaches and subject matters.
Who should take this course?
The course is suitable for both beginners and more experience learners, or indeed anyone interested in why artists choose particular painting subjects and strategies.
Level: Beginners as well as more experienced students.
Entry requirements: None
"Guy is particularly pationate and enthusiastic. He is also very generous with his time explanations. I repeated the course simply because it is hard to find a teacher like this and I felt there was much more I could learn from him" - Ms J Kenealy, March 2015
"I really love the way Guy teach, the energy and passion he puts into his teaching make me get into the idea of painting, and changing the way I did it before. I have learn lots, and that is why I keep signing for his courses" - M Munoz, March 2015
"Excellent instructor in Guy Noble, with effusive and contagious passion for painting" - Mrs I Thomas, March 2015
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Please bring with you to the first session:
- 5 x A1 sheets of White Card (at least 300gsm thick )
- 500ml or 1000ml of White Gesso
- 1 large 2" (50mm) cheap house painters brush from any DIY store
- A mixture of various size nylon/hog hair or similar brushes. (3 should be No. 10 Large)
- One pallette knife (medium size) - used for mixing colours
- 2 x 2B + 2 x HB pencils
- Masking tape
- Cotton rags - old T-Shirts or the like.
- Colour Acrylic and Oil paints
- Please only use artist's quality from art supply shops like Atlantis European or CassArts LIQUTEX - TRI-ART - GOLDEN ... for Acrylic
Basic Colours artists quality: (do not buy student quality paint)
- Cadmium Lemon
- Cadmium YellowCerulean Blue
- Cobalt Blue
- Prussian Blue
- Raw Umber
- Cadmium Red
- Alizarin Crimson
- Lamp Black
- Titanium White (Large tube)
Additional Colours Optional
- Yellow Ochre
- Indian Yellow Deep
- French Ultramarine
- Raw Sienna
- Transparent Oxide
Further painting materials will be discussed as the course progresses
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|20/03/2017 - 24/03/2017||Monday to Friday||10:00 - 16:00||1 Week||£545||Available||Richbell Place - WC1N||Add to Basket|
|20/04/2017 - 22/06/2017||Thursdays||18:30 - 21:00||10 Weeks||£545||Available||Richbell Place - WC1N||Add to Basket|
|10/07/2017 - 14/07/2017||Monday to Friday||10:00 - 16:00||1 Week||£545||Available||Richbell Place - WC1N||Add to Basket|