Life Drawing with Colour
This course is about learning how to use colour in drawing and painting, having the figure as a source, both clothed and nude.The emphasis is on combining colour with drawing in these mediums, together with the mixing, control and personal use of colour...
Taught by: Roger Gill.
This course is about learning how to use colour in drawing and painting, having the figure as a source, both clothed and nude.The emphasis is on combining colour with drawing in these mediums, together with the mixing, control and personal use of colour. Experimentation will be encouraged at all times!
- There will be a variety of structured exercises that will encourage the making of fluid, intuitive drawings that have simple colour combinations.
- There will also be exercises aiming to produce more complex mood variations, that will be seen as harmonious, intense and striking.
- We will use dry coloured chalk pastels, coloured pencils, pens, inks and brushes throughout the course.
Who should take this course?
The course would suit artists, illustration and fashion students, and anyone wishing to have the complexities of colour demystified.
Entry requirements: None
Level: All levels
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Roger Gill is an artist and tutor who works in London and who has exhibited in the UK and Europe. He teaches a number of drawing and painting courses at Central Saint Martins, including courses on life painting, oil painting techniques, portrait drawing and painting and bespoke one-to-one tuition.
To view Roger's work see rogergill.org.uk.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- 10-20 A1 size sheets of cartridge paper (130 - 200 gsm), as pad, or singles.
- Hard plastic rubber.
- Willow and compressed charcoal.
- A range of good quality soft chalk pastels including black, white and earth colours.
- Pastel fixative.
Then for the rest of the sessions, please bring the following:
- A good range of soft coloured chalk pastels.
- Coloured pencils, thick and thin.
- Coloured felt tips, drawing pen and coloured inks.
- Some brushes, small and large.
- A couple of jars and some tissues.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.