If you have an enthusiasm for drawing and want to expand your drawing skills, then Experimental Drawing is for you. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced student, this course will take you into new areas and challenge and broaden your notion of drawing...
Taught by: Jane Grisewood.
If you have an enthusiasm for drawing and want to expand your drawing skills, then Experimental Drawing is for you. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced student, this course will take you into new areas and challenge and broaden your notion of drawing. You will discover how to integrate different techniques in imaginative ways.
The tutor will take you through a variety of visual examples and styles and introduce alternative approaches to drawing. Different subjects will be explored including still life and a life model. You will spend one day drawing on location out of the studio, and we will have time for individual tutorials.
- Tutor demonstrations explaining materials and methods
- Experimenting with dry media (charcoal, graphite, crayons, etc.)
- Exploring wet media (ink, brushes, pens, etc.)
- Mixed media, abstraction, collage and mono-printing
- Using line, tone, texture, scale and composition
- Working with different subjects, processes, tools and media
Who should take this course?
- Students who need to develop a portfolio for application for further studies.
- Undergraduate students who want to improve their drawing.
- Beginners are welcome as the exercises and techniques are suitable to all levels.
The course is an opportunity for you to:
- develop an innovative body of work in several media
- gain a good understanding of the drawing process
- improve your drawing skills
- build a record of exercises and ideas in your sketchbook
- discuss current exhibitions and the work of relevant artists
Entry requirements: None
- Hard-back sketchbook (A3 preferably)
- Your own sketchbook (if you have one)
- Pencils (assorted e.g. 2H/2B/4B/8B)
- Willow charcoal (assorted sticks)
- 2 erasers (putty and hard)
- Pencil sharpener or craft knife
- Masking tape
- Camera/phone (useful for recording work)
You will be given an outline of the course structure on the first day when we will discuss additional materials that will be required for the rest of the course.
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|18/02/2017 - 18/03/2017||Saturdays||10:00 - 16:00||5 Weeks||£545||Available||Richbell Place - WC1N||Add to Basket|
|27/03/2017 - 31/03/2017||Monday to Friday||10:00 - 16:00||1 Week||£545||Available||Richbell Place - WC1N||Add to Basket|
|26/06/2017 - 30/06/2017||Monday to Friday||10:00 - 16:00||1 Week||£545||Available||Richbell Place - WC1N||Add to Basket|