Ideal for anyone wishing to support their art and design studies with additional drawing skills and an enhanced their portfolio. You will get an introduction to the fundamentals of drawing and explore a broad range of drawing approaches and materials...
Taught by: Simon Foxall.
Ideal for anyone wishing to support their art and design studies with additional drawing skills and an enhanced their portfolio. You will get an introduction to the fundamentals of drawing and explore a broad range of drawing approaches and materials. Plus, you'll practice a range of drawing techniques and methodologies. The course is designed to expand your ways of thinking about drawing, boost your confidence and push your work into new directions. We will approach drawing as a discovery and you will be encouraged to think through drawing.
Topics covered include:
- observational skill
- life drawing and still life
- line, form, tone and texture
- scale, proportion and composition
- how to build and present a sketchbook
- advice on future areas of study
By the end of the course you will have explored and developed a range of drawing techniques and will have more confidence in your drawing abilities and potential. In addition, some of your finished work may be included in your portfolio.
Level: Beginners as well as more experienced students.
Who should attend this course?
- Beginners with a keen interest in developing their drawing skills.
- Experienced students wanting to push their work into new directions.
- Students wishing to strengthen their portfolios for application for further studies.
Entry requirements: None
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Please bring with you to the first session:
- 2B/3B pencils
- putty eraser
- craft knife
- masking tape
You will need the following items later in the course:
- willow charcoal sticks - thick or extra thick
- putty erasers (Winsor Newton or Daler Rowney are best)
- a newspaper
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.