Drawing Meets Sculpture: 2D to 3D
If you want to explore the interplay between drawing and sculpture and how they coexist and overlap, this is the place to do it. You will understand those relationships by experimenting with drawing, object-making and sculptural techniques. Suitable for both beginners and more experienced students, this course will enable you to explore different materials and techniques under expert guidance...
Taught by: Jonathan Gildersleeves.
If you want to explore the interplay between drawing and sculpture and how they coexist and overlap, this is the place to do it. You will understand those relationships by experimenting with drawing, object-making and sculptural techniques. Suitable for both beginners and more experienced students, this course will enable you to explore different materials and techniques under expert guidance. It will give you the tools to express and develop your own ideas and concepts.
- Initial short tasks and projects to create a wide variety of works both individually and collaboratively.
- Using charcoal, paint, inks, clay, plaster, card, wood, found materials and objects.
- Investigating printing, construction, casting and modelling.
- Exploring the qualities of materials: form, texture, colour, weight, and narrative connotations.
- Applying playful creative processes to produce visually stimulating and engaging bodies of work.
The course culminates with the completion of your personal project, when you will investigate a chosen subject, such as a particular material, artist, object or a concept. Students will then come together to co-produce an exhibition of their work in their chosen media - drawings, objects, sculptures or a combination of those.
Who should take this course?
- Anyone with an interest in fine art, drawing and sculpture.
- Students looking to develop their fine art portfolio to in order to apply for study at foundation or degree level.
- Those making work at home or in the studio and who want some new ideas .
Course level: The course is suitable for all levels, from beginners to students with more experience.
More information at: Drawing Meets Sculpture on Facebook
"I thoroughly enjoyed the 2d to 3d course. Each day was well structured allowing exploration of different techniques and materials. Our tutor Jonathan used his skills and knowledge to gently nudge us in new art directions in order to achieve work to extend our experience. It was hard work and definitely worth it." - MVA Smith
"I recommend 2D to 3D Drawing course. I found the experience of using found materials and transforming a 2D drawing into a 3D object very stimulating. Indeed, the objects I have made and the course outline have influenced my current practice. I met a lot of interesting people, the atmosphere was very creative, and most of all the tutor engaged thoroughly with each individual." - Lanu Varvaro
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
We will provide the following materials:
- paper, clay, mixed drawing media inc. pens, crayons, markers, charcoal, ink.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Pencils and a variety of pens of your choice for drawing
- rubber, sharpener.
- A notebook should you wish.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.