Creating a Project Portfolio for 16 to 18 Year Olds
Strong researchers make strong designers and this course offers a step-by-step guide through a project, from initial inspiration to final outcome. Be it fashion, textiles, 3D design, painting or any other design discipline, this course will help you establish yourself with a personal and inspiring formula for creative research with the aim of leading you to a great final outcome...
Taught by: Kate Collins.
Strong researchers make strong designers and this course offers a step-by-step guide through a project, from initial inspiration to final outcome. Be it fashion, textiles, 3D design, painting or any other design discipline, this course will help you establish yourself with a personal and inspiring formula for creative research with the aim of leading you to a great final outcome. The course strongly emphasizes the importance of credible research in every project in your portfolio.
- You will be asked to research your surroundings by photographing, drawing and making collage.
- You will be encouraged to turn that research into wonderful ideas and concepts towards the creation of outstanding fashion collections, products and works of art.
- All your ideas and findings will be narrowed down and clear threads will start to emerge. This will establish the direction that your project will take.
- With the aid of one-to-one advice and group tutorials, you will really examine and push your work to maximize results.
- We will visit some of London's most magnificent, bizarre and exciting museums, galleries and curiosities.
- You will hear from industry researchers who work for some of the biggest creative companies.
- We will get the opportunity to view professional portfolios to inspire different ways of getting your focused research into your sketchpad or 'presentation' of choice.
By the end of the course you should have a full body of work with designs. This will hopefully be the beginning of a continuing process of development of your portfolio. You will have created a full and exciting sketchpad, including illustrations, collages and 3D design mock-ups for future expansion.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed to help students understand how to work on a creative project, and will be particularly useful to those planning on studying at Foundation or BA level.
Entry requirements: You should be between 16 and 18 years old.
Level: Beginners as well as more experienced students wishing to strengthen their portfolios.
Tutor: The tutor on this course changes depending on the course dates. Tutors’ biographies are provided below. If you need to know which tutor is teaching a specific course, please contact us at Short Course Enquiries.
Please bring to the first session:
- Sketchpad or loose sheets of paper (x 24) no smaller than A3
- Pens/Inks/Pencils/Paints and any other drawing equipment/tools desired.
- Camera (if possible)
- Please allow a maximum of £40 to purchase other materials during the course (e.g. photocopies and photographic prints).