Visual Merchandising - Fashion
Do you want to learn how fashion retail spaces can be designed and arranged in order to attract customers, maximise their engagement with products, and motivate them to buy? In this beginners course you will get a general overview of visual merchandising (VM) for fashion...
Taught by: Sue Fraser, Lesley Taylor, Emma Pritchard.
Do you want to learn how fashion retail spaces can be designed and arranged in order to attract customers, maximise their engagement with products, and motivate them to buy? In this beginners course you will get a general overview of visual merchandising (VM) for fashion. You will learn the fundamental principles, inspiration and techniques involved in visual merchandising for fashion retailers.
- Aligning visual merchandising with fashion branding
- Understanding the visual elements that attract customers to windows and engage them in store
- Exterior window communication and basic in-store layout
- Trend forecasting and how it informs the inspiration for retail concepts
- Study trips to research fashion retailers' visual merchandising strategies relating to a project brief.
- Project one will consist of a small scale trend group photo shoot. You will research and implement a macro trend, which serves to inspire store window concepts.
- In project two you will produce a design board scale 3d model of a window display. This will enable you to develop your creative thinking and work on design and presentation skills.
At the end of the second project students will present their outcomes to the rest of the group.
Please note that it is not advisable for students doing this course to enrol with the Visual Merchandising- Interiors short course as well, as both courses have the same structure, even thought they have different product emphasis.
Entry requirements: None
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Lesley Taylor (MA) is a commercial interiors stylist with 10 years experience in retail visual merchandising and has run her own design business (Gloss Interior Styling Ltd) since 2005. She also lectures in Interior Design and Fashion Visual Merchandising at Universities in Southampton and London.
Please bring for the first session:
- notebook and pen
- camera (or camera phone)
- laptop or tablet, needed for research online and suggested for design board outcomes
- USB /pen drive for storing content/lectures (NB a drop box with this content will be set up for students to access/download this data)
- pen, pencil, ruler, eraser, glue stick, craft knife
- a couple magazines and material samples. (optional)
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|27/01/2018 - 24/02/2018||Saturdays||10:00 - 16:00||5 Weeks||£580||Available||Granary Sq. - N1C||Add to Basket|
|09/04/2018 - 13/04/2018||Monday to Friday||10:00 - 16:00||1 Week||£580||Available||Granary Sq. - N1C||Add to Basket|
|30/07/2018 - 03/08/2018||Monday to Friday||10:00 - 16:00||1 Week||£625||Available||Granary Sq. - N1C||Add to Basket|