Street Fashion for 16 to 18 Year Olds
London is the 'street fashion' capital of the world. Many international fashion designers look to London as a source of inspiration and ideas. It is a rich cultural melting-pot that has provided a unique background to some of fashion's most famous trends...
Taught by: Jane Francis, with others.
London is the 'street fashion' capital of the world. Many international fashion designers look to London as a source of inspiration and ideas. It is a rich cultural melting-pot that has provided a unique background to some of fashion's most famous trends. This course will introduce you to London street fashion through visits to museums, street markets and fashion hot spots.
- The course is project based and will guide you through the design process to three dimensional customisation, deconstruction and reinvention, using vintage and recycled clothes and materials.
- Advice will be given on portfolio preparation for further study at Foundation and degree level.
- The course does not include patternmaking or machine sewing. However, students will be encouraged to experiment with hand-sewing, studding and simple embellishment techniques
Entry requirements: You must be at least 16 and no older than 18 years old.
Level: BeginnersThis course is on Instagram
Please note: This course is for students aged 16 to 18 years old only
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A2 Sketch pad / Drawing pad
- Drawing Kit - Pencils, Colour Pencils, Felt tip or Marker pens, Conte or Charcoal
- Pritt Stick or Glue Stick
- Camera (and Film / Memory Card / Batteries )
- Travel costs and entry to Museum and Street Market (approx £10.00).
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.