Menswear Design Portfolio
If you want to focus on menswear design in your future studies or as part of your fashion career strategy, this is the course for you. Whether you are a beginner or an intermediate learner, it will guide you through key aspects of the creative design process...
Taught by: Rory Parnell-Mooney, Tutor to be confirmed.
You should will leave the course with the confidence to work independently and the ability to plan how your portfolio will be presented for applications and interviews.
- Doing and using good design research
- Designing and sketching skills
- Developing an eye for mood and colour
- Understanding fabrics and their use
- How to design a balanced collection
- Using illustration and technical drawing techniques to convey your ideas
Who should take this course?
- Students thinking of applying for further studies in menswear at either BA or MA level.
- Anyone wanting to develop their menswear design skills in order to create or boost a portfolio.
- Beginners are also welcome but it would be helpful if they have an idea about the direction to which they want to take their design.
- This course is for students aged 18 years and over. Students aged 16 and 17 years old can find a similar course by visiting our Courses for under 19s section of the website.
Entry requirements: You should have some basic experience in fashion design through work, previous study, or personal interest.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Rory Parnell-Mooney is an Irish-born menswear designer who lives and works in London. He has a Masters in Menswear from Central Saint Martins. Rory presented his first collection under his own name at London Collections: Men in January 2015 with support from Fashion East and Topman and his second solo collection was shown in June 2015. He is currently stocked at Dover Street Market in London and New York and other international stores.
Rory teaches on the Fashion Folio course at Central Saint Martins http://www.arts.ac.uk/csm/courses/foundation/fashion-folio/ as well as a number of summer courses and bespoke fashion courses in Hong Kong.
Please bring to the first session:
- previous portfolio/design work
- interesting visual research
- magazines, old/new/your own photos , books, photocopies, garments with interesting details, fabrics anything you find visually interesting and would like to discuss
For subsequent sessions you will need a selection of drawing media:
- pencils/graphite pencil/ charcoal
- pencil crayons/pastels/felt tips/markers/pantones/fine liners
- any wet material (inks/watercolour/gouache/water soluble crayons
- any other material or medium thing that you like to draw with
- A4/A3 paper
- camera (your phone will do)
Drawing material does not need to be brand new and expensive. You could go to £1 stores/markets and find interesting inexpensive materials.?
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|07/08/2017 - 11/08/2017||Monday to Friday||10:00 - 16:00||1 Week||£580||Available||Granary Sq. - N1C||Add to Basket|
|03/10/2017 - 05/12/2017||Tuesdays||18:30 - 21:00||10 Weeks||£580||Available||Granary Sq. - N1C||Add to Basket|
|09/01/2018 - 13/03/2018||Tuesdays||18:30 - 21:00||10 Weeks||£580||Available||Granary Sq. - N1C||Add to Basket|