Haute Couture Embroidery - Part 2 & 3
This intensive two-week course will give you a chance to immerse yourself into the secret world of Haute Couture embroidery, building on the techniques that you learnt in the Haute Couture Embroidery - Part 1 course...
Taught by: Elisabeth Roulleau.
This intensive two-week course will give you a chance to immerse yourself into the secret world of Haute Couture embroidery, building on the techniques that you learnt in the Haute Couture Embroidery - Part 1 course.
You will be expanding on your skills with the frame and the hook, the "crochet de Lunéville". Learning techniques practiced in the leading fashion houses of Paris.
- Working with a non-transparent silk fabric
- Vermicelle work with small paillettes
- Point riche on silk organza
- Create volume with felt
- Combining paillettes and beads
- Passementerie - ( trimming with tassels, braid, and fringing) please do not write this
- Folded leather
- Point de Boulogne - chenille thread covered with gold thread
You will put the above techniques into practice whilst working on a design of a mirrored flower. The resulting piece can be added to your portfolio to illustrate the techniques learned.
All materials are provided and include the student bringing back the frame, the crochet de Lunéville and white stripes to tight the fabric on the frame from the first course.
Throughout the course you will work with professional tools - with a crochet de Lunéville (hook) and a tambour frame
Entry requirements: This course is only open to students who have attended our Haute Couture Embroidery - Part 1 course.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Please bring with you to the first session:
- The frame
- Hook “Crochet de Luneville” (You will have this from the previous course)
- The “tirettes” or serge pins (You will have this from the previous course)
- You should have this equipment from the part one course
- Paper and pencil for taking notes
All other course materials will be provided