Fashion T-Shirt Design (Online)
Online courses occur as 1.5 hour live sessions, during which time you will interact with your tutor, classmates and course content using in-built audio and video chat, instant messaging and the virtual work display area.
This course will see you design a T-shirt collection and artwork ready to be manufactured. You will work to produce your own collection through four stages of design: Stage 1 - Researching. You will analyse the existing fashion market and recognise niche openings for further brands, creating personal mood boards and sketch books by thinking outside of the box...
Taught by: Kiren Passi.
This course will see you design a T-shirt collection and artwork ready to be manufactured. You will work to produce your own collection through four stages of design:
- Stage 1 - Researching. You will analyse the existing fashion market and recognise niche openings for further brands, creating personal mood boards and sketch books by thinking outside of the box.
- Stage 2 - Design Development. You will push the boundaries of the basic T-shirt through fabric manipulation and paying attention to detailing and finishes.
- Stage 3 - Developing Artworks. You will experiment with stencilling, mark-making and embellishment, translating abstract images into all-over repeats and placements.
- Stage 4 - Evolving Ideas. You will design a final range of T-shirts, working to a life size block and will complete a spec package ready to send to an international factory.
What is a mood board?
How to make a t.shirt
How to develop silhouette on the stand
Creative mark making and presentation technique
How to screen print / print works
Final designs and how to fill out a spec
Please note this course is being delivered on UK time.To view more information and a live UK clock, please follow this link: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/uk/london
Please refer to your joining instructions about getting set up for your first session.
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here:
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Please bring to your first session:
- Research for a moodboard
- Think of a theme and collate magazine tears, photocopies from books, photo's, anything interesting and 3D.
- Vintage samples, print and embellishment techniques etc.
- Materials to use on moodboard / sketch book: pencils, inks, crayons, spray paints, cardboard, needle and thread, fabrics, sequins, buttons, trimmings etc...
- Sellotape and glue
- External webcam
- Jersey fabric (various qualities), old tees to cut up, embellishments (sequins, beads etc), fabric scissors and paper scissors, needle and thread, dressmakers pins, tailors dummy.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.