Fashion Sketchbook for 16 to 18 Year Olds
In this intensive two week course for beginners, you will explore different ways of creating a fashion designer's handbook - your personal fashion sketchbook. It will be a chance for you to unlock your creative mind. The course is a vehicle for you to challenge your ideas about fashion...
Taught by: with others, Rory Parnell-Mooney.
In this intensive two week course for beginners, you will explore different ways of creating a fashion designer's handbook - your personal fashion sketchbook. It will be a chance for you to unlock your creative mind. The course is a vehicle for you to challenge your ideas about fashion. You will collect, record and process inspiration, try out ideas, explore success and failure, and be encouraged to take risks.
- How to source and research for inspiration.
- Developing and presenting your fashion ideas.
- Different techniques and media will be explored so that you can explore different types of drawing and presentation skills.
- There will be guided study trips to venues for you explore as points of reference. This may include London's shops, street markets, current exhibitions or museum galleries.
The outcomes should be your own sketchbook filled with designs, ideas for potential fashion collections and a new confidence to feed your imagination and develop fashion design proposals.
Who should take this course?
Teenagers interested in studying fashion design or illustration and keen to learn more about Central Saint Martin's approach to fashion.
Students wanting to create and/or improve a fashion sketchbook/portfolio.
Entry requirements: You must be at least 16 and no older than 18 years old in order to do this course. If you are over 18 you can do our Creating a Fashion Sketchbook.
Please note: This course is for students aged 16 to 18 years old only
Rory Parnell-Mooney is an Irish-born menswear designer who lives and works in London. He has a Masters in Menswear from Central Saint Martins. Rory presented his first collection under his own name at London Collections: Men in January 2015 with support from Fashion East and Topman and his second solo collection was shown in June 2015. He is currently stocked at Dover Street Market in London and New York and other international stores.
Rory teaches on the Fashion Folio course at Central Saint Martins http://www.arts.ac.uk/csm/courses/foundation/fashion-folio/ as well as a number of summer courses and bespoke fashion courses in Hong Kong.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A3 paper/ A3 sketchbook
- A4 paper/A4 sketchbook
- a selection of drawing pencils F, H, HB, 1B 2B (and also mechanical pencils)
- coloured pencils (water soluble or normal ones)
- 1 rubber
- any other cheap drawing materials that you like to use
- A3 tracing paper pad
- masking tape
- watercolour paint, gouache, or any other of your favourite water-based paint such as acrylic paint or poster paint
- pastels or chalks
- pritt stick
- plastic water pot (for watercolours)
- 1 x small pot of pva glue
- old copies of fashion magazines for cutting up
- any fashion images or books that you find interesting and relevant to you.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.