Fashion Drawing For Beginners
Fashion drawing is essential to facilitate the expression of ideas in the work of fashion designers. This course is for practising designers or would-be illustrators who want to improve their drawings. You will learn the fundamental fashion drawing skills...
Taught by: Alexis Panayiotou.
Fashion drawing is essential to facilitate the expression of ideas in the work of fashion designers. This course is for practising designers or would-be illustrators who want to improve their drawings. You will learn the fundamental fashion drawing skills. Intensive drawing from a fashion model will comprise the main focus of the classes. Your learning will be supported by individual advice and practical demonstrations.
Figure drawing exercises will place emphasis on observation, co-ordination, structure and movement.
As well as figure drawing, we will look at media skills, fabric interpretation and developing a personal style.
Entry requirements: None
"Alexis is incredible and inspiring. He is so patient and allows us to express, take chances, and make mistakes. He fosters an environment that allows us all to learn comfortably" - L Dao.
"AMAZING, INSPIRING... THIS IS THE BEST COLLEGE EVER" - S Cerezo
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A3 or A2 Cartridge pad
- Soft drawing pencils (nothing harder than a B)
- Soft putty rubber and pencil sharpener
- Either a marker pen, felt tip pen, biro or pilot drawing pen, (medium thickness)
- Colouring pencils (at least 3 colours or more)
- Soft pastels (at least 3 colours or more)
- Paint, either watercolour, gouache, acrylic or ink. (at least 3 colours or more)
- Pot for water and mixing palette
- A couple of brushes, (perhaps a fine one for detail and a larger one for blocking in colour)
Collage materials, e.g.:
- 1 fashion magazine
- Scissors or scalpel
- Pritt-stick or masking tape
During the course students will be encouraged to work with a variety of different media from the list above and also to bring in any other media they wish to try, e.g.:
- Oil pastels
- Marker pens
- Other collage materials
- A camera can also be very helpful to take pictures of the drawing model to keep for reference, collage purposes etc., but is by no means essential!
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|12/12/2016 - 16/12/2016||Monday to Friday||10:00 - 16:00||1 Week||£560||Available||Granary Sq. - N1C||Add to Basket|
|11/01/2017 - 15/03/2017||Wednesdays||18:30 - 21:00||10 Weeks||£560||Available||Granary Sq. - N1C||Add to Basket|
|10/04/2017 - 13/04/2017||Monday to Thursday||10:00 - 17:15||4 Days||£560||Available||Granary Sq. - N1C||Add to Basket|
|21/08/2017 - 25/08/2017||Monday to Friday||10:00 - 16:00||1 Week||£560||Available||Granary Sq. - N1C||Add to Basket|