Fashion Design and Styling Workshops for 13 to 16 Year Olds
Residential course fees are inclusive of all room, board and activities. Before booking please read the Course Handbook, as it gives further information on the course location, airport transfers and has a helpful FAQ section.
For further information on this course and a helpful FAQ section please download: RHS Summer Workshops Course Handbook 2017 [PDF 369KB]
This course has been designed specifically for teenagers that are interested in studying fashion design and styling. Whether you consider yourself a complete beginner or if you are studying art, design or fashion at school, this course will give you an experience of fashion as it is taught at Central Saint Martins...
Taught by: Chris Kelly, with others.
This course has been designed specifically for teenagers that are interested in studying fashion design and styling. Whether you consider yourself a complete beginner or if you are studying art, design or fashion at school, this course will give you an experience of fashion as it is taught at Central Saint Martins. You will develop your confidence while experimenting with design, working on idea generation and focusing on creativity while also developing your technical skills through tutor-led practical making and designing activities.
During the two weeks you will explore the following subjects, all supported by the relevant talks and discussions:
- Fashion illustration
- Observational and mark-making skills
- 3D skills, such as draping and experimenting with textile and styling techniques
- How to develop an idea from research through experimentation to a final design outcome
- On this fashion course you can expect to explore the design process very much in the spirit of the college, where your own personal and
- explorative approach will be celebrated and encouraged
- A professional fashion, photo shoot; fashion styling, modelling, hair and makeup, art direction and photography & lighting
Central Saint Martins is internationally famous for fashion design, with alumni including Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, Matthew Williamson and John Galliano.
This promises to be an exciting and unique experience for any 13-16 year-old who is:
- Interested in developing their own creativity
- Building a portfolio for future studies
- Confident in learning from their mistakes
- Keen to work with students of different nationalities
- Willing to work and collaborate with others during projects
- Wishing to develop their skills in communicating ideas
All studies, accommodation and residential services take place at the Royal Hospital School in Ipswich - a boarding school set in beautiful grounds with great facilities. All of the residential services and support that you will need are provided for by our partners The Ardmore Group a specialist English language and pastoral care organisation. The course fee includes shared-room accommodation, sports activities, internet access and catering for morning, lunch and evening meals.
Click here to visit their website: http://www.royalhospitalschool.org/
Address: The Royal Hospital School, Holbrook, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP9 2RX
2 week residential course session dates:
Session 1: 2 July - 15 July 2017
Session 2: 16 July - 29 July 2017
Session 3: 30 July - 12 August 2017
*Final Exhibition - to be held on the last Friday afternoon of each course. Parents, family and friends are all invited to attend.
Weekday Course times: 10.00 - 16.00
Estimated Group Size: Maximum of 16 students per class
The course fees is inclusive of VAT and covers:
- Most course materials
- Full pastoral care
- Shared accommodation
- Catering (breakfast, lunch and evening meal)
- Indoor swimming pool
- Sports ground and tennis courts
- Computer room
- Special evening activities and/or weekend excursions
Chris Kelly graduated from drama school, LAMDA and as a professional actor appeared many times both on stage and television. In addition to his professional appearances he later moved into radio, writing, producing and presenting features on air for Capital Radio. He went on to work as a presenter for BBC Television Training at Elstree.
Using his presentation experience he has developed a number of training courses and workshops over the last twenty years, helping others to communicate clearly as well as overcome their fear of public speaking. Chris has a diploma in applied psychology as well as a degree in psychology which has proved a reliable source for the advice he gives to others, on how to sustain their confidence but also on how to frame their message to make it more persuasive.
- USB stick
- Current sketchbooks
- Bring any drawing medium you have although we will supply the majority
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|02/07/2017 - 15/07/2017||Monday - Friday||10:00 - 16:00||2 Weeks||£3175||Available||Off-site||Add to Basket|
|16/07/2017 - 29/07/2017||Monday - Friday||10:00 - 16:00||2 Weeks||£3175||Available||Off-site||Add to Basket|
|30/07/2017 - 12/08/2017||Monday - Friday||10:00 - 16:00||2 Weeks||£3175||Available||Off-site||Add to Basket|