Creating a Fashion Sketchbook
This two-week course explores the different ways to create a fashion designer's handbook/portfolio: your personal fashion sketchbook. It will be an opportunity for you to unlock your creative mind, and challenge your ideas about fashion, collect, record and process inspiration, try out ideas, explore success and failure, and to take risks...
Taught by: Jennifer Selden, Rory Parnell-Mooney.
This two-week course explores the different ways to create a fashion designer's handbook/portfolio: your personal fashion sketchbook. It will be an opportunity for you to unlock your creative mind, and challenge your ideas about fashion, collect, record and process inspiration, try out ideas, explore success and failure, and to take risks.
- Sourcing and researching for inspiration
- You will learn how to present and develop your fashion ideas.
- There will be recommended visits venues incorporating London's shops, museums, street markets, buildings, galleries and gardens as points of resource.
- You will be encouraged to explore different techniques and media and different types of drawing skills.
You should finish the course having a sketchbook filled with design ideas for potential fashion collections and a new confidence to feed the imagination and develop proposals.
Who should take this course?
People who are looking to apply for further studies, those who wish to enhance their portfolio, or those who are simply hungry to unlock their creativity.
Entry requirement: Basic understanding of spoken English is needed.
Level: All levels, from beginners to more experienced students.
Tutor: The tutor on this course changes depending on the course dates. Tutors’ biographies are provided below. If you need to know which tutor is teaching a specific course, please contact us at Short Course Enquiries.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Jennifer Selden has developed her design expertise working for Alberta Ferretti, Vivienne Westwood Couture, Elizabeth Emanuel Couture and luxury leather, fur and sheepskin specialist, Nigel Preston. On graduation from her MA Fashion Womenswear course at the Royal College of Art, she was awarded with the prize for 'Excellence' from the 150 year old Scottish cashmere company Todd&Duncan. Jennifer Selden has since developed her own luxury collection from which she offers a made-to-measure service for private clients at her studio in London.
Rory Parnell-Mooney is an Irish-born menswear designer who lives and works in London. He has a Masters in Menswear from Central Saint Martins. Rory presented his first collection under his own name at London Collections: Men in January 2015 with support from Fashion East and Topman and his second solo collection was shown in June 2015. He is currently stocked at Dover Street Market in London and New York and other international stores.
Rory teaches on the Fashion Folio course at Central Saint Martins http://www.arts.ac.uk/csm/courses/foundation/fashion-folio/ as well as a number of summer courses and bespoke fashion courses in Hong Kong.
- 5 x sheets of A1 Cartridge Paper
- 6B graphite pencil
- Progresso graphite stick
- Stabilo 'Tone' pencils (Aqua type and Thick body):
- Yellow No. 200 (or any light colour)
- Red/scarlet No. 370 (or any medium colour)
- Jade No. 470 (or any medium colour)
- Blue No. 425 (or any dark colour).
- 1 putty rubber
- 1 A3 sketchbook hardback
- A3 tracing paper pad
- 1 three quarter inch roll of masking tape
- Daler rowley acrylic starter pack of paints
- 12 sticks of conte chalk colour
- 1 pritt stick
- Small can of fixitive
- Plastic water pot
- Plastic mixing pallette
- Half inch household paintbrush
- Half inch daler square paint brush
- 6 or 7 sable or squirrel hair paint brush
- 1 small pot of pva glue
- 1 old copy of fashion magazine for cutting up
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|07/08/2017 - 18/08/2017||Monday to Friday||10:00 - 16:00||2 Weeks||£925||Available||Richbell Place - WC1N||Add to Basket|
|21/08/2017 - 01/09/2017||Week 1: Mon to Fri, Week 2: Tues to Fri (10:00 - 17:15)||10:00 - 16:00||9 Days||£925||Available||Richbell Place - WC1N||Add to Basket|