Childrenswear Design (Online)
Kidswear has, for too long, been perceived by the fashion elite as a by-product of its adult counterpart. Now, most luxury brands are launching kidswear collections alongside adult fashion, and young and emerging specialist brands are approaching kidswear design with a mix of sophistication and fun...
Taught by: Florence Blall.
Kidswear has, for too long, been perceived by the fashion elite as a by-product of its adult counterpart. Now, most luxury brands are launching kidswear collections alongside adult fashion, and young and emerging specialist brands are approaching kidswear design with a mix of sophistication and fun. This course will teach you about this exciting, growing market, provide the technical skills to create stunning designs, and result in a comprehensive kidswear project to be presented in a portfolio.
- Key players on the international scene of Childswear
- Moodboards and etxracting colour palettes from them
- Fabrics, deatils and design shapes for the kidswear market
- Flat drawings from templates
- Silhouette Design
- Enhancing designs on Illustrator
- Prints for the kidswear market
By the end of the course you will
- Understand the Kidswear Market and know its major players
- Recognise how successful Kidswear ranges are put together
- Know how to root your designs in the specfic world of childhood, rather than making children mini versions of adults
- Complete your own observational research
- Produce a comprehensive kidswear project to present in your portfolio
- Present your finsihed product to the group
Who is Childrenswear Design (Online) for
The course is well suited of you are considering beginning a career in kidswear or want to get a better understanding of the emerging kidswear market. It may also be useful if you want a more comprehnsive understanding of the fashion market, or have a particular interest in fashion, and specifically fashion for children. The course is a beginner level course.
Please note, the course if for students aged over 18
Please bring with you to the first session
- Fashion (both kids and adults), photography, interior design etc. magazines to be used to create moodboards
- Small cuttings of solid colour fabrics or yarns to create colour palettes
- Art materials that you feel confident drawing and colouring-up designs and silhouettes with (pencils, felt-tips, pantone markers, water-colours etc.)
Additionally, if you have any, please bring along your portfolio and any work you have produced
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|09/10/2017 - 13/11/2017||Monday||13:00 - 14:30||6 Weeks||£450||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|24/01/2018 - 07/03/2018||Wednesday||17:00 - 18:30||6 Weeks||£450||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|22/03/2018 - 26/04/2018||Thursday||13:00 - 14:30||6 Weeks||£450||Available||Online||Add to Basket|