Portfolio Preparation for Foundation - Fashion and Textiles
Are you considering applying to a Foundation course at Central Saint Martins or elsewhere but need to develop your portfolio? Do you need one-to-one tuition in fashion and textiles by a tutor who understands the application process? Regardless of your age, experience or ability this course is an excellent place to begin...
Taught by: Patricia Williams.
Are you considering applying to a Foundation course at Central Saint Martins or elsewhere but need to develop your portfolio? Do you need one-to-one tuition in fashion and textiles by a tutor who understands the application process? Regardless of your age, experience or ability this course is an excellent place to begin.
This is an opportunity to sample a taste of a Foundation course at art school whilst you follow the discipline area that interests you the most.
- You will carry out a variety of projects related to fashion design, research, illustration
- Project will also cover basic draping and textile design.
- Over the ten weeks you will produce a body of work for your portfolio during class time
- We will look at fashion and textiles with a broad and experimental approach.
- Your tutor will help you improve your technical skills along with developing your creativity.
Entry requirements: None
Patricia Williams is a freelance fashion creative. Graduating from Central St. Martins in 2008, she has gone on to forge a career for herself within the fashion industry. As a stylist her clients include Adidas, Bally, Duffer Of St. George, Nike & Onitsuka Tiger, to name a few; as well as consulting for Brooke Roberts & Joseph Turvey. She regularly contributes to Acclaim, Boys by Girls, Hunger TV, i-D & USED. Her first feature film as costume designer is due for general release in the winter of 2013. "Powder Room" is the directorial debut from MJ Delaney, starring Sheridan Smith, Jamie Winstone, Kate Nash & Oona Chaplin, produced by Damian Jones. Patricia is also an associate lecturer on the Foundation at Central St. Martins. Fpr further information, please visit www.pc-williams.com
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A3 drawing paper (loose cartridge paper, minimum thickness 140g).
- Drawing equipment (2B pencil, sharpener, black marker pen (thick), black felt-tip pens, coloured inks, colour pencils/pastels)
- Masking tape
- Scissors (for fabric and paper)