Patternmaking For Bespoke Mens Suits
Pattern cutting for bespoke suits is an art in itself. A well-cut suit can enhance your customers shape and flatter the figure and small changes can make the difference between an off the shelf number and something quite unique. This course will introduce you to the art of pattern cutting for men's suits...
Taught by: Erinarchos Stephanou.
- You will be introduced to how to measure the body.
- Starting from a basic pattern, you will learn how to adapt a pattern for your (or your client's needs) and complement the figure.
- You will be working to a standard sized blocks and within a week go through the pattern cutting process.
- The course will include an introduction to different suit materials but will not include sewing skills or manufacture.
- Please note that the measurements will be in inches.
By the end of the week you will have created a pattern to suit your specific needs and have the ability to adapt your pattern as necessary.
Entry requirements: None
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A 1 meter metal or wooden ruler (with both cm and inches marked)
- A fabric tape measure (with both cm and inches marked)
- A notebook
- Writing materials