Fashion Styling for Professionals
If you already have done an introductory short course in fashion styling or if you have had some basic previous experience, this is the right course to consolidate and enhance your skills. It is an intensive 2 week course covering editorial, commercial and catwalk styling...
Taught by: Simone Konu.
If you already have done an introductory short course in fashion styling or if you have had some basic previous experience, this is the right course to consolidate and enhance your skills. It is an intensive 2 week course covering editorial, commercial and catwalk styling.
You will explore and practice some of the emerging roles that professional stylists play within the fashion industry today. And you will get the opportunity to work with a professional photographer and fashion models to realise your ideas.
Through a series of seminars the tutor will share their first-hand experience of the industry. Talks and discussions will provide you with an insight on current developments such as:
- the fashion magazine market
- the roles of a fashion editor and art directors
- key stylists and photographers
- the London Fashion Week and its designers
- how to identify catwalk trends
Working in small creative teams, students will produce a fashion story pitched at a magazine of their choice.
The course culminates with a group photo shoot at the end of the second week.
At the end students will be asked to present their images as a fashion story layout.
Who should take this course?
- People working in the fashion industry looking to get a better knowledge of styling trends and current professional practice.
- Fashion graduates looking to take the first steps towards building a career in styling.
- Students who have already completed our beginners course and want to take their skills to the next level.
Level: The course is not aimed at absolute beginners. If you are looking for a beginners course, you should take our Fashion Styling for Beginners first.
Entry requirements: Some previous basic knowledge of fashion styling, through either work of previous study, is required.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Digital camera
- Laptop (This is not essential but it's useful to show photos you have taken and present finished work)
- Clothing and accessories that you may want to use when produncing a fashion story.
- We will be visiting some markets during the course so please budget for a travel card.