Cool Hunting Fashion (Online)
Online courses occur as a live session for 1.5 hours each week, during which time you will interact with your tutor, classmates and course content using in-built audio and video chat, instant messaging and the virtual work display area.
Fashion trends; what's new, how does it happen, what's it all about? This course introduces you to trend predictions, specifically within fashion. Coolhunting and Fashion Forecasting is an increasingly important area within fashion and crucial to many large companies, small designer/makers and fashion industry in general...
Taught by: Jane Francis.
The interactive on-line course environment will grow week by week as the tutor provides expert teaching and commentary on the subject in a virtual classroom accessible 24/7, encouraging the students to engage during the lesson and through one-to-one and group critiques of their work and others. A discussion area and a range of easily accessible resources, including recordings of previous lessons, will support the students' learning journey.
Through research, street photography, investigation, reading and field trips - Students will devise and complete a visual Trend Report, which identifies a new emerging global fashion trend. They will learn about trend predictions for fashion and inside information about methodologies used in industry for trend spotting.
- Introduction to Coolhunting, Fashion Trend Predictions and Forecasting
- Review and examination of contemporary fashion trend sources
- Research into Coolhunting, sourcing, research methodologies, subject specific text, websites, blogs etc.
- Field trips to Trend 'Hotspots' ? Fashion retail shops, museums, contemporary art and fashion exhibitions, street markets, vintage / charity shops, etc.
- Street photography
- Weekly research tasks
- On-line group critiques and discussion
- Individual on-line tutorials
- Development and presentation of visual and written Trend Report
*Please note: Schedule may be adjusted to reflect calendar of events and time of year-contemporary exhibitions, fashion week, etc.
Please note this course is being delivered on UK time.To view more information and a live UK clock, please follow this link: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/uk/london
Please refer to your joining instructions about getting set up for your first session.
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here:
- Camera –(digital SLR cameras or advanced 'compact' digital camera)
- The ability to upload images from your camera to your computer (e.g. USB cable or SD cards and card reader)
- Notebook – A4 or A5 size
- Selection of pens and pencils
- Access to contemporary fashion magazines
- Please allow for entrance costs to galleries and museums (you will be encouraged to visit current exhibitions throughout the course)
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|26/01/2017 - 16/03/2017||Thursday||18:30 - 20:00||8 Weeks||£520||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|16/02/2017 - 06/04/2017||Thursday||13:30 - 15:00||8 Weeks||£520||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|23/03/2017 - 11/05/2017||Thursday||18:30 - 20:00||8 Weeks||£520||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|01/06/2017 - 20/07/2017||Thursday||18:30 - 20:00||8 Weeks||£520||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|22/06/2017 - 10/08/2017||Thursday||13:30 - 15:00||8 Weeks||£520||Provisional||Online|