Summer Study Abroad - Fashion Communication
To apply for this course please complete this application form (opens in a new window).
Fashion Communication is about how fashion designers and brands get their messages and products out to a global audience. This course will clarify the workings of the fashion industry and help you to understand how to promote fashion creatively. It will enhance your existing research and communication skills and help you to formulate and develop your ideas...
Taught by: Dal Chodha, with others.
Fashion Communication is about how fashion designers and brands get their messages and products out to a global audience. This course will clarify the workings of the fashion industry and help you to understand how to promote fashion creatively. It will enhance your existing research and communication skills and help you to formulate and develop your ideas.
Students will be immersed in a European fashion arena for three weeks and will be expected, independently, to explore aspects of the industry as directed, with other students.
Who should take this course?
Although an intensive course, it is a unique and a fun London fashion experience ideal for those wishing to learn more about fashion communication and promotion together with like-minded fashion enthusiasts.
- Your fashion journey will track the process of research, design and realisation for fashion.
- You will then focus on understanding creative ways to promote fashion.
- We will look at how different media is used to communicate fashion and specifically how journalism, graphics, photography and styling can help sell fashion ideas.
- Your final project will be to create fashion images.
- Students in session 1 will work on a collaborative Fashion show with students from the Experimental Fashion Knitwear course.
- Students in session 2 will work on a collaborative campaign with the Advanced Fashion Design course.
Learn more about study abroad at CSM by visiting the SummerStudy Abroad webpages.
London based fashion writer Dal Chodha graduated from Central Saint Martins from the Fashion Promotion and Imaging BA and went on to work as Brand Manager for London-based accessories label JAS M.B., managing all PR and Marketing communications. He is editor of non-seasonal publication Archivist and contributes to various international titles including METAL, VOGUE India and Telegraph Magazine; he has been a guest editor for both Paul Smith Jeans and Kenzo. A consultant to several luxury brands, he also works as a lecturer. For more info, please visit www.dalchodha.com
Please bring with you to the first session:
- pencils : coloured & lead
- paper glue (e.g. Pritt Stick)
- digital camera (or you can use a camera phone)
- please also bring a laptop if you have one with memory card and wires for downloading photos digitally.
Items may be purchased from the college shop or local art store.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.