Running Your Own Fashion Label (Online)
Online courses occur as a live session for 1.5 hours each week, during which time you will interact with your tutor, classmates and course content using in-built audio and video chat, instant messaging and the virtual work display area.
This course is aimed at learners that have a basic or no knowledge of the fashion industry but are interested in setting up their own fashion label. Students will be required to complete topics and tasks generated from information that they will be provided with and research...
Taught by: Jennifer Williams-Baffoe.
This course is aimed at learners that have a basic or no knowledge of the fashion industry but are interested in setting up their own fashion label. Students will be required to complete topics and tasks generated from information that they will be provided with and research. There will also be a set of exercises to complete and submit over the period of the course. This course aims to:
• Develop learner's knowledge and understanding of the Fashion Business Sector
• Develop learner's skills, knowledge and understanding in contexts that are directly relevant to developing a business plan and how to run a business.
• Develop learner's ability to work autonomously and effectively in a business context.
• Enable learners to develop knowledge and understanding in specialist areas of business, and demonstrate the skills needed to participate in the operation and development of real business organisations.
• Encourage progression by assisting in the development of skills, knowledge and understanding that learners will need to access further programmes or occupational training on a full-time or part-time basis.
Course Schedule - 8 weeks: 1.5 hours of live class per week
Week 1 - Introduction to Business
Week 2 - Planning in the fashion industry
Week 3 - Analysis of consumer profiles and target customers
Week 4 - PR and Marketing
Week 5 - The Business Plan
Week 6 - Financial planning
Week 7 - Manufacturing procedures
Week 8 - Production tips & Final presentation
Please note this course is being delivered on UK time. To view more information and a live UK clock, please follow this link: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/uk/london
Please refer to your joining instructions about getting set up for your first session.
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here:
Jennifer Williams-Baffoe is an international fashion and creative industry business consultant and has worked for many organisations such as The Fashion and Textiles Museum, The British Fashion Council and The British Apparel and Textile Confederation. Jennifer is a short course tutor at Central Saint Martins and The London College of Fashion and is the author of The British Fashion Councils Designer Manufacturer Handbook. Jennifer is also a consultant for the United Nations on their Ethical Fashion Initiative Project
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|16/02/2017 - 06/04/2017||Thursday||17:00 - 18:30||8 Weeks||£520||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|24/04/2017 - 26/06/2017||Monday||11:00 - 12:30||8 Weeks||£520||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|08/06/2017 - 27/07/2017||Thursday||17:00 - 18:30||8 Weeks||£520||Available||Online||Add to Basket|