Creating a Fashion Sketchbook
This two-week course explores the different ways to create the fashion designer's handbook: your personal fashion sketchbook. Creating a sketchbook is a chance for you to unlock your creative mind. It is a vehicle for you to challenge yourself, collect, record and process inspiration, try out ideas, explore success and failure, and to take risks...
Taught by: Peter Towse.
This two-week course explores the different ways to create the fashion designer's handbook: your personal fashion sketchbook. Creating a sketchbook is a chance for you to unlock your creative mind. It is a vehicle for you to challenge yourself, collect, record and process inspiration, try out ideas, explore success and failure, and to take risks.
- The course will help you source, research and develop your fashion ideas whilst being fun and exhilarating.
- There will be recommended visits venues incorporating London's shops, museums, street markets, buildings, galleries and gardens as points of resource.
- You will be encouraged to explore different techniques and media and different types of drawing skills.
At the end of the course you should have a sketchbook filled with ideas, potential fashion collections and new confidence to feed the imagination and develop proposals.
Who should take this course?
People who are looking to apply for further studies, those who wish to enhance their portfolio, or those who are simply hungry to unlock their creativity.
Entry requirement: Basic understanding of spoken English is needed.
Level: All levels, from beginners to more experienced students.
Tutor: The tutor on this course changes depending on the course dates. Tutors’ biographies are provided below. If you need to know which tutor is teaching a specific course, please contact us at Short Course Enquiries.
- 5 x sheets of A1 Cartridge Paper
- 6B graphite pencil
- Progresso graphite stick
- Stabilo 'Tone' pencils (Aqua type and Thick body):
- Yellow No. 200 (or any light colour)
- Red/scarlet No. 370 (or any medium colour)
- Jade No. 470 (or any medium colour)
- Blue No. 425 (or any dark colour).
- 1 putty rubber
- 1 A3 sketchbook hardback
- A3 tracing paper pad
- 1 three quarter inch roll of masking tape
- Daler rowley acrylic starter pack of paints
- 12 sticks of conte chalk colour
- 1 pritt stick
- Small can of fixitive
- Plastic water pot
- Plastic mixing pallette
- Half inch household paintbrush
- Half inch daler square paint brush
- 6 or 7 sable or squirrel hair paint brush
- 1 small pot of pva glue
- 1 old copy of fashion magazine for cutting up
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.