Summer Study Abroad - Advanced Fashion Design
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location|
|24/07/2017 - 11/08/2017||Monday - Friday||10.00 - 16.00||3 Weeks||£1795||Available||Granary Sq. - N1C|
To apply for this course please complete this application form (opens in a new window).
Summer Study Abroad - Advanced Fashion Design
Watch the Summer Study Abroad Promotional Video
Download the Advanced Fashion Design Course Handbook [PDF 126KB]
Read about the student experience on this programme: Student Views: Summer Study Abroad
This course is designed to give you an authentic flavour of the Central Saint Martins fashion design experience, with a strong focus on experimental research and design development pathways that are original and innovative. The College's philosophy is that individual students' personal concepts provide the focus for their original design development...
Taught by: Stephanie Cooper, Elisa Palomino.
This course is designed to give you an authentic flavour of the Central Saint Martins fashion design experience, with a strong focus on experimental research and design development pathways that are original and innovative. The College's philosophy is that individual students' personal concepts provide the focus for their original design development. In this course you will explore your ideas by gathering inspiration from a variety of sources as the starting point for creative design research. You will then go on to develop and interpret your research ideas into garment designs, prints and embroideries.
- A series of workshops led by industry professionals will cover pattern-making and fashion illustration.
- You will explore a range of different techniques to present your ideas to an advanced portfolio standard.
- There will be a series of research projects, visits, design and illustration sessions, and individual and group tutorials.
- You will be expected to be ambitious and really push your ideas to explore what it possible to achieve through the design process.
- The course will culminate with a group exhibition of student work.
Level: This course is suitable for students or graduates of fashion design at university level and also for professionals with fashion design experience. This is not a course for beginners.
Who should take this course?
This is course is aimed at high level fashion students. You will be working with dedicated students and tutors from around the world in order to produce exceptional work.
This course requires prior experience in Fashion Design. In order to assess your suitability for this course, please complete the following questions and email them together examples of your work (see below) to the Study Abroad office, before booking. You can email your answers directly to: email@example.com
1. Where are you currently studying fashion?
2. What interests you most about this course?
3. Please briefly explain about your technical ability
4. Please describe a successful project you have completed.
5. What skills are you bringing to the course that you want to improve?
6. What are your plans for the future?
Please also email 5 to 10 images of work from your fashion portfolio.
Images must be submitted digitally in the format of a single multi-page PDF file (10MB or less)
Elisa Palomino is Senior Lecturer and Pathway tutor on BA Fashion Print at Central Saint Martins. Elisa is a Spanish born designer who has graduated from Central Saint Martins with an MA in Fashion Design and has worked in some of the most prestigious Fashion Houses, including Moschino, Roberto Cavalli and Christian Dior Haute Couture. She was appointed Head of Studio for John Galliano, where she worked for eight years. Most recently Elisa Palomino held the position of Vice President of Design for Diane von Furstenberg. In 2010 Elisa Palomino launched her own collection during New York Fashion Week. This first collection is bought in its entirety by Dolce & Gabbana for the opening of the concept store SPIGA 2. Further stockists include; Couturelab (London), Ra (Antwerp and Paris), Eleonora (Rome), Rail (Brescia), Liliane Romi (Paris), Al Ostoura (Kuwait), Front Row (Beirut), Harvey Nichols & Mayass (Riyadh). Elisa?s collections have been showcased at Milano On Stage, Milano Loves Fashion, AltaRoma and Cibeles Madrid. Having moved her creative studio to London, Elisa has shown at London Fashion Week. http://www.elisapalomino.com
Please bring with you to the first session:
- sketching pencils
- black pen
- colouring pencils
- digital camera
- other art materials are optional and can be purchased at a discounted price from the college shop: coloured inks, pastels, glue, coloured paper, paintbrushes, gouache, watercolours, and scissors
Material provided by us
We will supply sketchbooks and calico as required.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.