Experimental Fashion Design (Online)
This experimental fashion design course is for students that have some experience in fashion design but would like to take their design skills further and explore their creativity to the maximum. Throughout the course I will teach you how to believe in your ideas and concepts and give you the confidence to develop them into something exciting...
Taught by: Jeanette Osterried.
This experimental fashion design course is for students that have some experience in fashion design but would like to take their design skills further and explore their creativity to the maximum.
Throughout the course I will teach you how to believe in your ideas and concepts and give you the confidence to develop them into something exciting. We will start with in-depth research to really inspire and kick-start your creativity. We will then introduce you to different ways of developing your individual ideas and concepts. We will work on 3D and 2D exercises that will help inform your designs in order to create a unique fashion collection. This can be anything from a contemporary wearable collection to sculptures worn on a body- wherever you want to establish yourself as a contemporary designer.
By the end of the course you will have accumulated an extensive body of work - a sketchbook filled with research, development in 3D and 2D and designs. You will also have an illustrated collection for your portfolio. This is a fun course where there are no limits to your creativity or what fashion should be.
Course Level - Intermediate
A good level of English and some experience in fashion design
This course is designed for students that would like to:
- Take their fashion design skills further
- Study fashion at BA or MA level
- Apply for and internship or a job
- Would like to improve their portfolio
What will I gain from the course?
- An increased knowledge of fashion design
- An increased knowledge of research and development
- Experience in draping and 3D development
- An increased knowledge of drawing and illustration
- Increased knowledge of what goes into a fashion portfolio
- Week 1 Introduction and how to start your project
- Week 2 expand your research
- Week 3 development in 3D
- Week 4 development in 2D
- Week 5 design
- Week 6 making
- Week 7 collate your collection
- Week 8 presentation and evaluation, and Q and A
Please bring the following materials to the first session
- Pen and paper
For later sessions you will need:
- Drawing materials
- 2-3m of fabric of your choice
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|20/02/2017 - 10/04/2017||Monday||17:00 - 18:30||8 Weeks||£520||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|13/03/2017 - 15/05/2017||Monday||10:00 - 11:30||8 Weeks||£520||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|10/04/2017 - 12/06/2017||Monday||18:30 - 20:00||8 Weeks||£520||Available||Online||Add to Basket|