Cool Hunting Fashion (Online)
Online courses occur as a live session for 1.5 hours each week, during which time you will interact with your tutor, classmates and course content using in-built audio and video chat, instant messaging and the virtual work display area.
Fashion trends; what is a trend, how do trends develop, what's new, what's it all about? This course introduces you to the contemporary landscape of fashion trend predictions. Coolhunting and Fashion Forecasting is increasingly important to many large companies, small designer/makers and crucial to the international fashion industry...
Taught by: Daniela Bomba.
Fashion trends; what is a trend, how do trends develop, what's new, what's it all about? This course introduces you to the contemporary landscape of fashion trend predictions. Coolhunting and Fashion Forecasting is increasingly important to many large companies, small designer/makers and crucial to the international fashion industry. If you are eager to learn about the emergence of trends, methodologies and factors influencing global fashion trends, this course is a must. You will examine the art and science of trend predictions, participate in trend scouting, examination of trend sources and be introduced to key places where trend prediction teams seek out new, emerging and underground influences: Art galleries, museums, retail, digital and print platforms, vintage clothing, social media, street markets etc.
Through online and contextual research, street photography, critical analysis, reading and field trips - Students will devise and complete a speculative visual Trend Report, identifying an emerging global fashion trend. You will learn about trend predictions for fashion and inside information about methodologies used in industry for trend spotting.
- Introduction to Coolhunting, Fashion Trend Predictions and Forecasting (Womenswear, Menswear, Accessories, Footwear)
- Review and analysis of contemporary fashion trend sources
- Research into Coolhunting, sourcing, research methodologies, subject specific text, websites, social media platforms etc.
- Field trips to worldwide Trend Hotspots locations: Fashion retail, museums, contemporary art and fashion exhibitions, street markets, vintage / charity shops, etc.
- Street style photography
- Weekly research tasks
- On-line group critiques and discussion
- Development and presentation of visual Trend Report
Current Trends & Trend Predictions
Digital Trend Platforms
Social, Online and Print Media
Final Trend Presentation
*Please note: Schedule may be adjusted to reflect calendar of events and time of year-contemporary exhibitions, fashion week, etc.
Please note this course is being delivered on UK time.To view more information and a live UK clock, please follow this link: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/uk/london
Please refer to your joining instructions about getting set up for your first session.
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here:
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
A consultant to several brands including Adam Andrascik, Selfridges creative windows and brands in Eastern Europe and Asia, Daniela also teaches womenswear on the fashion folio course at Central Saint Martins.
- Camera –(digital SLR cameras or advanced 'compact' digital camera)
- The ability to upload images from your camera to your computer (e.g. USB cable or SD cards and card reader)
- Notebook – A4 or A5 size
- Selection of pens and pencils
- Access to contemporary fashion magazines
- Please allow for entrance costs to galleries and museums (you will be encouraged to visit current exhibitions throughout the course)
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|16/10/2017 - 20/11/2017||Monday||17:00 - 18:30||6 Weeks||£450||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|04/11/2017 - 09/12/2017||Saturday||10:30 - 12:00||6 Weeks||£450||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|25/01/2018 - 01/03/2018||Thursday||18:30 - 20:00||6 Weeks||£450||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|19/03/2018 - 30/04/2018||Monday||17:00 - 18:30||6 Weeks||£450||Available||Online||Add to Basket|