Interior Styling For Editorial And PR
Interior stylists employ a number of strategies and perform a number of roles such as creating photo-shoots or developing real interiors. How do they maximise the impact of a project and make it look stylish? In this course we focus on interior styling for editorial, marketing and advertising purposes...
Taught by: Tara Larkin.
Interior stylists employ a number of strategies and perform a number of roles such as creating photo-shoots or developing real interiors. How do they maximise the impact of a project and make it look stylish? In this course we focus on interior styling for editorial, marketing and advertising purposes. The course will give you a taster of those areas. There will be lectures and presentations and you will learn how to engage with a client brief an how to work with style boards in order to develop a styling project.
- Lectures on balance, arrangement and presentation skills.
- How to develop your own style and how to start marketing yourself.
- Interpreting a brief, developing a concept and presenting it to a client.
- Keeping informed of trends and how to predict them.
- Styling to the camera and working with a photographer - this will lead to your own photoshoot.
- Creating styleboards and presenting them to the rest of the class.
- A trip to central London for sourcing and looking for inspiration to apply to your project.
Students will be challenged in terms of what they can bring to interior styling. Please note that in order to fully benefit from the course you will need to engage with the activities set and work independently developing your individual project.
Who should take this course?
The course suits students who are interested in learning more about interior styling for editorial and advertising. Interiors designers with an interest in learning new styling skills may also find it useful.
Entry requirements: None
This is one of three interior styling short courses taught by the same tutor that you can do in any order.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Tara Larkin has been a London based Interior Stylist for over 20 years. She began her career on editorial magazines and has styled advertising brochures and exhibitions for a variety of well known interiors companies. Currently she styles show homes for property developers in the capital. See her client list and examples of her work at www.interiorstylist.com
• Magazines will be used for research and some will be supplied but students may want to bring in their own inspirational issues. • Students may want to use their own laptop or tablet for research. • Students will be required to source and bring to college a selection of objects for the photoshoot project, plus a memory stick for digital photos. • Projects will be presented on A1/A2/A3 mountboards, basic colours only will be supplied. • Scalpel and ruler, pencils, notebook, will be useful for the course. • Students will require a valid Oyster card for the bus or tube on the external outing.