Interior Design - Level 1
Interior Design Level 1 aims to give you a comprehensive view of the subject and an understanding of the components involved in the design of interiors.Through a practical project supported by tutor presentations and feedback, you will develop an insight of the design process and the importance of an ideas-based approach...
Taught by: Ugo Passin.
Interior Design Level 1 aims to give you a comprehensive view of the subject and an understanding of the components involved in the design of interiors.Through a practical project supported by tutor presentations and feedback, you will develop an insight of the design process and the importance of an ideas-based approach.There is a maximum of 12 students per class, which allows time for one-to-one advice.
This is not an interior styling or decorating course, and therefore it does not focus on current trends or fashions, but it seeks to introduce students to a more comprehensive view of interior design.
Topics covered include:
- mood boards
- scale, line quality, weight and conventions
- space analyses, bubble and analytical diagrams
- three dimensional thinking and space planning
- orthographic projection (plan, sections and elevations)
- hard furnishing and materials board
- inking and rendering techniques
- presentation methods for mounting work
The course will be an opportunity for you to:
- complete a design project from beginning (clients) to end (presentation)
- develop technical drawing skills and learn how to draft from different 2D view points
- understand different materials
- experiment with your ideas within the constraints of a given space and brief
- understand the importance of explaining and presenting your work
- start producing projects for your design folio
In order to fully benefit from the course you should engage with the project and complete homework between classes when necessary.
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for beginners with a serious interest on the subject. Individuals considering further study will also benefit from it.
Entry requirements: None.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Ugo Passin is a practicing Interior Designer, Consultant and Lecturer currently researching the relationship between colour and space. His Interior Design folio included domestic and commercial clients. Graduated at Chelsea College of Art & Design, he has taught Interior Modular Courses at the same; Undergraduate and Diploma Courses at London College of Communication where he was able to pass on his passion, experience and knowledge for the subject matter.
Materials for your first day/evening
Part time evening course:
- Sketch/Note Book - preferably size A4 – good quality paper
- Pencil 0.5
Saturdays & weekly courses:
- A4 Sketch/Note Book (with good quality paper)
- Clutch pencil, HB, size 0,5
- Set square (45°x45°) – preferably one that is adjustable (size 250x250mm)
- Architectural Scale Ruler – 300mm long – preferably single digit triangular (flat will do), showing standard scales of 1:100, 1:50 and 1:20
- 5 to 6 Magazines containing pictures that appeal to you and not particularly related to interior or architecture (fashion, nature etc). The main thing is they are full of nice and exciting pictures.
You may need to buy further materials during the course. These will be discussed with your tutor.
Material provided by us:
- Cartridge Paper of different sizes and weight
- Tracing Paper of different sizes and weight
- Foam board and Card board for model making
- Templates, drawing tools, and rendering materials
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|03/10/2017 - 05/12/2017||Tuesdays||18:30 - 21:00||10 Weeks||£580||Available||Richbell Place - WC1N||Add to Basket|
|05/10/2017 - 07/12/2017||Thursdays||18:30 - 21:00||10 Weeks||£580||Available||Richbell Place - WC1N||Add to Basket|
|06/10/2017 - 03/11/2017||Fridays||10:00 - 16:00||5 Weeks||£580||Available||Richbell Place - WC1N||Add to Basket|
|10/11/2017 - 08/12/2017||Fridays||10:00 - 16:00||5 Weeks||£580||Available||Richbell Place - WC1N||Add to Basket|
|11/12/2017 - 15/12/2017||Monday to Friday||10:00 - 16:00||1 Week||£580||Available||Richbell Place - WC1N||Add to Basket|
|09/01/2018 - 13/03/2018||Tuesdays||18:30 - 21:00||10 Weeks||£580||On Hold||Richbell Place - WC1N|
|11/01/2018 - 15/03/2018||Thursdays||18:30 - 21:00||10 Weeks||£580||On Hold||Richbell Place - WC1N|
|19/03/2018 - 23/03/2018||Monday to Friday||10:00 - 16:00||1 Week||£580||On Hold||Richbell Place - WC1N|
|03/04/2018 - 06/04/2018||Tuesday to Friday||10:00 - 17:15||4 Days||£580||On Hold||Richbell Place - WC1N|
|17/04/2018 - 19/06/2018||Tuesdays||18:30 - 21:00||10 Weeks||£580||On Hold||Richbell Place - WC1N|
|18/04/2018 - 20/06/2018||Wednesdays||18:30 - 21:00||10 Weeks||£580||On Hold||Richbell Place - WC1N|
|21/04/2018 - 19/05/2018||Saturdays||10:00 - 16:00||5 Weeks||£580||On Hold||Richbell Place - WC1N|
|26/05/2018 - 23/06/2018||Saturdays||10:00 - 16:00||5 Weeks||£580||On Hold||Richbell Place - WC1N|