Interior Design - Commercial
This intensive course aims to enhance your understanding of interior design processes and methods and to develop the creative and critical skills required to propose solutions for designing a commercial interior space. This will require attention to issues around safety, access, and ergonomic needs...
Taught by: Ugo Passin.
This intensive course aims to enhance your understanding of interior design processes and methods and to develop the creative and critical skills required to propose solutions for designing a commercial interior space. This will require attention to issues around safety, access, and ergonomic needs. You will be encouraged to develop a personal creative approach in the transformation of a given space, combining those factors with the functional requirements of its users. This will create a set of unique issues to which you will need to respond.
Your learning will be supported by tutor presentations and feedback on you work. Student numbers are kept to a maximum of 12 per class, which gives time for the tutor to give one-to-one advice.
Topics covered include:
- using appropriate referencing
- selecting design precedents and interpreting them
- developing design solutions using appropriate drawing skills
By the end of the course you should be able to develop and communicate your commercial interior design concepts into a clear and well presented scheme.
Who should take this course?
This course caters for:
- those who have a serious interest in the subject and are prepared to demonstrate commitment to a demanding learning environment
- students with some previous knowledge who may be considering further study at a higher level
Ugo Passin is a practicing Interior Designer, Consultant and Lecturer currently researching the relationship between colour and space. His Interior Design folio included domestic and commercial clients. Graduated at Chelsea College of Art & Design, he has taught Interior Modular Courses at the same; Undergraduate and Diploma Courses at London College of Communication where he was able to pass on his passion, experience and knowledge for the subject matter.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Architectural set square; adjustable is best but expensive, otherwise a 45' and 30/60 (aprox size 300 mm)
- Architectural scale rule, 300 mm long, flat or triangular as you prefer, showing standard scales (1:100 - 1:50 - 1:20)
- Clutch pencil/s will suffice. Leads are available in a variety of weights (light, medium, heavy). Sizes 0.3 - 0.5 and 0.7. Buy pencil & graphite size 0.5.
- A SKETCHBOOK, with good quality paper to take watercolour, wash etc. (A4 is a good size)
Please note: You may require further materials during the course these will be discussed with you by the tutor