Digital Animation for Beginners
Discover how digital cameras allow for huge creativity in animation. In this beginners course you'll explore how to use digital skills photography for making moving images across a range of applications. The technology makes it very affordable for you to produce high quality professional results...
Taught by: Esteban Gitton.
Discover how digital cameras allow for huge creativity in animation. In this beginners course you'll explore how to use digital skills photography for making moving images across a range of applications. The technology makes it very affordable for you to produce high quality professional results. Music videos, commercials and even feature-length films have been shot using digital stills cameras, the most famous of these being Tim Burton's 'The Corpse Bride'.
- The emphasis will be on achieving everything in camera without relying on computer based effects
- You will make your own short film (or work in collaboration with fellow students), either a narrative or to music
- We'll explore how to use digital SLR cameras for taking single images
- You'll then learn how to apply this to animation, whether it is drawn, 3D model based or using people.
- We will also explore storytelling, storyboarding, lighting and editing
You will have access to rostrum cameras or digital SLR cameras combined with stop-motion software.
There are a maximum of nine students enrolled on each session. This is to ensure that you get plenty of one-to-one tuition from your tutor and the class can work at a speed to suit the whole group.
Entry requirements: None
Please also bring with you to the first session:
- Blue tac
- A small block of yellow post-it notes.
You will be required to do some animation experiment with different type of art materials. While some materials will be provided by the course, it is highly to bring you own materials that you feel comfortable working with, these may include (please note these are suggestions you are not expected to bring all of these):
- Art papers for cut out animation (Collage)
- Painting with paint brushes
- Specific crayons
- Hand made puppets