Shoe Design for Beginners
Shoes have always been an integral part of any fashion story, reflecting the influences and moods of the time. In this introductory course you will learn the fundamental shoe design techniques. You will create a three dimensional mock up of your chosen design...
Taught by: Havva Mustafa.
Shoes have always been an integral part of any fashion story, reflecting the influences and moods of the time. In this introductory course you will learn the fundamental shoe design techniques. You will create a three dimensional mock up of your chosen design. This will be part of a mini design project that will illustrate the interactive nature of footwear design and fashion.
- a history of footwear
- an introduction to the last (the mould the shoe is formed around)
- the essential techniques used in drawing and designing different types of footwear
- presentation techniques and bottom construction design including sock and sole
- theory regarding the different upper materials and edge treatments that can be integrated into your design ideas
- the various constructions used in the making process in the footwear industry
Entry requirements: You must have basic understanding of spoken English due to the technicalities and processes of this course
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Please bring with you to the first session:
- 1 inch roll of masking tape
- A3 or A4 sketch pad
- Pencil or Retractable Pencil and Rubber
- A camera would be useful but not essential
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|27/01/2018 - 24/02/2018||Saturdays||10:00 - 16:00||5 Weeks||£545||Available||Granary Sq. - N1C||Add to Basket|
|19/03/2018 - 23/03/2018||Monday to Friday||10:00 - 16:00||1 Week||£545||Available||Granary Sq. - N1C||Add to Basket|
|20/08/2018 - 24/08/2018||Monday to Friday||10:00 - 16:00||1 Week||£580||Available||Granary Sq. - N1C||Add to Basket|